What Goes Into Your Suitcase When You Travel?

Don't know what you're missing!
Well you probably don't miss it at all. Some people like travelling, others don't. Fair enough!

I hate flying but don't mind travelling by train if its uncrowded. I don't have any desire at all to see famous sights of the world. What I really miss is the coast - its quite near to where I live, by car, but I no longer have a car. The main issue is, even if I had a car and could get in and out of it (not feasible at the moment due to legs), I can't go with Steve as he wouldn't understand staying in a hotel and the trip would involve me continually monitoring him. At the moment I can't even get out of the house let alone travel. Its a good job I'm not a dedicated traveller. I can more or less cope with living indoors (downstairs only) for now. Its 6 months since I went outside (except in an ambulance)!

When I did get away it was only ever for a few days so what went in my suitcase was minimal really.

I hate flying but don't mind travelling by train if its uncrowded. I don't have any desire at all to see famous sights of the world. What I really miss is the coast - its quite near to where I live, by car, but I no longer have a car. The main issue is, even if I had a car and could get in and out of it (not feasible at the moment due to legs), I can't go with Steve as he wouldn't understand staying in a hotel and the trip would involve me continually monitoring him. At the moment I can't even get out of the house let alone travel. Its a good job I'm not a dedicated traveller. I can more or less cope with living indoors (downstairs only) for now. Its 6 months since I went outside (except in an ambulance)!

When I did get away it was only ever for a few days so what went in my suitcase was minimal really.
Oh MG six months. I'd go stir crazy.
I so want a nice little trip to the coast for you!
Any chance when you're better you can have someone care for him for a couple of days?

What's your fairy godmother up to? It sounds like she's been sleeping on the job!

Did you end up selling it? I was wondering about it sitting for so long while you’ve been re-recuperating.

It got BADLY damaged in an accodent whilst parked acrOss the road. That was ages before I had all my medical mishaps. It wasn't repairable so I got insurance money for it. I thought of buying another car but I used it so little (due to Steve's dementia) that it didn't seem worth it. Couldn't justify the expense.

Oh MG six months. I'd go stir crazy.
I so want a nice little trip to the coast for you!
Any chance when you're better you can have someone care for him for a couple of days?

What's your fairy godmother up to? It sounds like she's been sleeping on the job!

Maybe, though I'm not sure how I'd get to the coast. I mean, whether I will ever be fit enough to walk far, climb steps etc.

Off topic!

On topic: I used to pack a few tops and a few bottoms - mostly shorts or jeans. Other than that, a hair staightener.

It got BADLY damaged in an accodent whilst parked acrOss the road. That was ages before I had all my medical mishaps. It wasn't repairable so I got insurance money for it. I thought of buying another car but I used it so little (due to Steve's dementia) that it didn't seem worth it. Couldn't justify the expense.

Maybe, though I'm not sure how I'd get to the coast. I mean, whether I will ever be fit enough to walk far, climb steps etc.

Off topic!

On topic: I used to pack a few tops and a few bottoms - mostly shorts or jeans. Other than that, a hair staightener.
Well should I ever have to go over to Brighton for my brother again I’m certain a little detour on the way back to pick up a fellow foodie for a couple of days on the coast would be great fun. I have a feeling we’d hit it off and if we don’t then as they say in biker world, you either have a great time or a great story!

I’m not a bad wheelchair driver either. Experienced, so you’ll only get bashed if you stick your elbows out or dangle you feet off the foot plates 😂

What coast is your favourite and this is on topic cos you’d have to pack a bag 😆

Well should I ever have to go over to Brighton for my brother again I’m certain a little detour on the way back to pick up a fellow foodie for a couple of days on the coast would be great fun. I have a feeling we’d hit it off and if we don’t then as they say in biker world, you either have a great time or a great story!

I’m not a bad wheelchair driver either. Experienced, so you’ll only get bashed if you stick your elbows out or dangle you feet off the foot plates 😂

What coast is your favourite and this is on topic cos you’d have to pack a bag 😆

Thank you for your kind offer should it arise. :thankyou: Ramsgate is my favourite coastline in Kent.

Thank you for your kind offer should it arise. :thankyou: Ramsgate is my favourite coastline in Kent.
I’ve been thinking about it since you posted so it’s a date 👍
Start looking for access friendly places and nice restaurants.
I’m not a fussy person on the accommodation front, motorcycling cured me of any delusions of grandeur so anywhere you fancy is good with me.
Late July early August would be good timing wise.

It’ll be corking, myself and my bezzie (a fellow foodie) adore pulling apart the good and the bad in a dish we’ve been served so sharpen your knives!
I’ll move this conversation to PM 👍

I’ve never been to Ramsgate. Oh dear I’ve got excited and now need wine 😂

Edit: nice restaurants, cafes, bistros, pubs and take aways.

Last edited:
Ramsgate is a very pretty seaside town and has the distinction of possessing the only Royal Harbour in the entire UK.
Lots of great pubs and some really good places to eat.
The beach is sandy as well, which is far better than Folkestone, which is full of pebbles:laugh:

Some things I packed today.
IMG_2802.jpeg

I wanted to share the joy of those white disc things, they are heavy magnetic weights. They hold down flappy shower curtains and stop them sticking to your skin. Booking .com descriptions never mention the flappy shower curtain thing 🤣

IMG_2804.jpeg

Some ambient (shelf stable) foods for back up. Two lots of marmalade and some corned beef and branston pickle to keep Mr SSOAP smiling.

IMG_2800.jpeg

Some of the hardware and a lot of tea and ground coffee, decaf n full caf.

IMG_2805.jpeg
A surprise for Mr SSOAP who tries to keep his pot noodle love under wraps 🤣

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom