What will you be watching on TV tonight (2024)?

She isn't the only celebrity crush you have, we know this!
Screenshot_20240512-001733_Samsung Internet.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

…and yes, I do have a celebrity crush Lesley Manville, if you must know… :wink:
I could have predicted that before you first set eyes on her 🤣

I thought Mrs Harris Goes To Paris was ok, nice but a bit weak.

But if you like Manville you'll love 'The Magpie Murders'.

And she did an incredibly touching series called 'Mum' which she acts beautifully in and it's very well written.
I can recommend both of those 👍

MrsT just finished the second episode of Bridgerton, the rare British period piece I have zero interest in, but in a bit, we’ll be starting a Roger Corman movie, one of my cinematic heroes (King of the B‘s!), and he died this past week, so that’ll be nice.

It may be somewhat of a shock, but I do not (want to) own a TV. If I remember correctly, the last 50min integral episode of a local legendary series is what I watched, hm, I'd say in February? And it is May 27th...today. and I watched it on my phone.

I had plans to go to a movie, to a biographical film about a female director, whose name escapes me now, sorry, a month ago, but a friend of mine, whom I wanted to watch it with, being a director herself, went for a work trip...so...another time...

Yt and podcasts on yt are a substitute to a degree...🫣😊

Tonight, I will watch a Bishop Robert Barron episode...as almost every night...there is so much I can learn and in particular from him...

I am also reading a biography (Brahms') book. The fiction is in general, at least for now, not on my wishlists.

It may be somewhat of a shock, but I do not (want to) own a TV.
I get that. When I was in my 20s I had a TV but didn't have cable and the only thing I watched on it was VHS tapes of movies. I would listen to music, play my guitar, or read when I was home.

My sister-in-law watches a lot of podcasts on her iPad and listens to music all day, she has a TV with a Roku and a Prime subscription but I'd bet she hasn't turned on her TV yet this whole year except when my brother was home (he works out of town and only comes home for a week or so once every couple of months).

I'm not a great TV fan either. Mostly, I watch sport or things like MasterChef, or brainless things like Chicago PD, Chicago Fire. I'd much rather be reading, or learning something new. Last time I went to the cinema was to see Notting Hill.

I'm not a great TV fan either. Mostly, I watch sport or things like MasterChef, or brainless things like Chicago PD, Chicago Fire. I'd much rather be reading, or learning something new. Last time I went to the cinema was to see Notting Hill.
That was a very, very long time ago...

1999, apparently. I thought it was even longer ago.
I hate the smell of popcorn, and tend to fall asleep in cinemas!
Well I think they should have named "Notting Hill" "Nodding Hill" (as in nodding off to sleep) anyway!

I love popcorn but not that stale greasy stuff at the theater. It smells okay though.

Back
Top Bottom