Your other hobbies.

444125115_7235310583262109_7798159342516915500_n.jpg

Your art is beautiful and inspiring. Have you considered an art journal? I have been making small travel journals. I want to make larger art journals. Your aet would be wonderful in an art/junk journal.

I’ve been busy with a new project lately. It’s a 70’s/80’s type band. A lot of classic rock like Chicago, Doobie Bros, etc. I haven’t played that stuff since, well, the 70/80’s!

I traded in one of my vintage 4 pc kits for this monster. I’m not done adding cymbals yet. I may have to sell a kidney to finish it off. And I need a bigger house now.

IMG_4492.jpeg
IMG_4493.jpeg

I’ve been busy with a new project lately. It’s a 70’s/80’s type band. A lot of classic rock like Chicago, Doobie Bros, etc. I haven’t played that stuff since, well, the 70/80’s!

I traded in one of my vintage 4 pc kits for this monster. I’m not done adding cymbals yet. I may have to sell a kidney to finish it off. And I need a bigger house now.

View attachment 113758View attachment 113759
Those dimensions are seriously impressive! I love that you're bringing back the classic rock vibes from the 70s and 80s. It's right up my alley!

Getting close to finishing my elf princess napping with her pet dragon. Since this is my first doll that I have personally put together and dressed, wanted to get opinions on the sheet and dress draping. There are just pins in it for now. I have to decide if I like the way it's done, then strategically glue sone spots underneath, use the fabric draping/stiffening spray, then add her hair and a few decorations. Please give me honest opinions.

20240531_143430.jpg
20240531_143441.jpg

Please give me honest opinions.
What a stunning set up. The idea of hiding a dragon beneath her pillow struck me. Can't wait to see her hair.
Love the pillow. Would it be possible to use the lace on the sheet too? It gives yet another layer of strong contrast, tender lace and mighty dragon...to me, at least.
Love her wings...
Is her dress green as sort of elf uniform? Forgive my ignorance, please, I don't think I've read or seen much elf stories...
If I could choose, I would possibly go with a transparent, multilayered, light brown or light rust or bronze colour for her dress/nightgown...but what do I know.
I think it is gorgeous. Even if it stays just as is.
But you asked😍...

Usually I painted acryllic on canvas, or watercolor on paper. This is felt pen on paper. The crcified Jesus, I did it this Easter.
But I followed a "model" drawing. Still a lot to learn about drawing faces. It is so complex.
20240225_203341.jpg

Painting, and drawing for about 4 years, but rarely, flower arranging for about 2 years, started as a 1 a year, to now multiple, 5,6 and more a year.

The choice of flowers and greenery is what I will try to diversify, colours...much Of it is dictated by affordability at present.

This flower set up was rearranged for the Corpus Christi yesterday, I took it to our Catholic local church.

20240530_171730.jpg
20240530_171737.jpg
20240530_194221.jpg

What a stunning set up. The idea of hiding a dragon beneath her pillow struck me. Can't wait to see her hair.
Love the pillow. Would it be possible to use the lace on the sheet too? It gives yet another layer of strong contrast, tender lace and mighty dragon...to me, at least.
Love her wings...
Is her dress green as sort of elf uniform? Forgive my ignorance, please, I don't think I've read or seen much elf stories...
If I could choose, I would possibly go with a transparent, multilayered, light brown or light rust or bronze colour for her dress/nightgown...but what do I know.
I think it is gorgeous. Even if it stays just as is.
But you asked😍...
She's an online class project. Kits were purchased including the doll, hair (a darkish auburn), fabric for the dress, printed instructions, and the chat room classes. We had to purchase remainder of items. The back story is the little elf princess was out exploring the woods, came across a trinket box bejeweled with emeralds (note the dragon's eyes), brought the trinket box home, then laid down to take a nap because she was tired. While she was sleeping, the dragon came out of the trinket box, crawled into bed with her and became her pet/protector. The original idea was just for the head and paws of the dragon, but I thought it would be neat to add the tail and wings.

I was thinking about adding lace to the sheet as I was putting it on the bed, but I don't know if I have enough.

I believe elves dressed a little heavier than faries, who are usually dressed in light gauzy fabrics. She's also a princess so I guess she has to dress a little more stuffy. She'll have a crown after I add her hair.

Her trinket box is supposed to get here today. The deadline is Tuesday for pictures if you want your picture included in the print class that will be put later in the year in a dollhouse magazine. I've got to come up with a background for her photo, but I'll use downloaded printables for the time being.

Getting close to finishing my elf princess napping with her pet dragon. Since this is my first doll that I have personally put together and dressed, wanted to get opinions on the sheet and dress draping. There are just pins in it for now. I have to decide if I like the way it's done, then strategically glue sone spots underneath, use the fabric draping/stiffening spray, then add her hair and a few decorations. Please give me honest opinions.
I like it. I like her dress colours a very much. I like her sleeping with her dragon. The way you’ve draped the sheet under her is great. I like her little feet poking out the bottom of her dress. If I was being super super picky (and I do mean super picky) then maybe this bump is just a weeny bit high? Although I’m not certain of that and if changing it means you lose seeing her feet then I wouldn’t alter it. It’s been many decades since I’ve slept in a ball gown so I can’t quite remember how they crease 😂

IMG_2234.jpeg

I am thinking that she looks like she needs something in her hands. In the modern world it would probably be an iphone 😂 but maybe a tiny frame with a sepia photo of someone she’s longing to see? Or something written in Elvish on parchment paper?

You’ve captured something really well because I feel like theres a good story here.

Edit: Just read your post above (hadn’t seen it as I was typing), thanks for the story!

Back
Top Bottom