10 foods nutritionists won't eat

Local time
9:18 AM
Website
www.helium.com
I came across this article today, and although some of the foods are no surprise, there are one or two eye-openers. I didn't realise cheese flavoured snacks were such baddies, for example. Any surprises for you on that list?

This article is really an eye-opener for me. I didn't know that banana bread was so unhealthy. Other foods which surprised me that they were on the list were the chocolate nut spread and the fruit bars. The others already go without saying. Margarine I already knew was a problem because of the presence of trans fats.

Rice is terrible apparently.

Makes you wonder how there are any Chinese people left...

A little of what you fancy does you good. Of course it's not a good idea to live on lollies and cake, but frankly, I'd rather take my chances and enjoy life!

I'm not too surprised about some of the foods considering the fact thst I don't eat some of them. The one thing I hsve a problem with is soda. I like drinking sida but lately I have started to drink more water. I hsve cut back on soda but it is hard for me to stop drinking it altogether.

I'm not terribly surprised by anything on this list. I also don't eat anything that was listed there. However, you can make a much healthier and even vegan version of banana bread. But a standard recipe does contain a lot of sugar and white flour. Also, spreads like Nutella contain a bunch a sugar. But if you can eat a natural hazelnut spread only flavored with cocoa. It will still be high in calories but won't contain the unhealthy ingredients. I do eat rice and the odd rice-based snack, but only stick to brown.

Yeah I have started eating brown rice too because they say it is healthier than white. There is a slight difference in taste but I like brown better than white.

I don't eat/drink some of these things, but I *do* enjoy a doughnut once in a while. :D It doesn't shock me that it's on this list because I've never fooled myself into thinking that it was healthy... it's just one of my guilty pleasures. I don't have too many, so my occasional doughnut will have to stay.

I have to admit that I have tge occasional doughnut as well. I try to only eat one but I have a hard time resisting. I use to eat doughnuts a lot but I cut them out when I started gaining a lot of weight.

Darn it. I love banana bread and cheese flavored products. A lot of those cheese flavored products don't contain real cheese, just the artificial flavoring. I've never been big on rice unless it is mixed with some spice like cilantro. Thank you for posting the article. I learned a lot from it.

I like cheese and bread and I don't see myself cutting them out of my diet. I just started eating wheat bread to be healthy and I like it. I admit that I had stopped eating cheese for a while, but now I eat Sargento cheddar cheese and I love it.

Meh, I take these sorts of articles with a grain of salt. The current fear of carbs leaves me cold, for example. I make banana bread, I'm quite aware of what goes into it, I don't think anyone is looking at it and going "well it says 'bread right there in the name' think I'll make it into a sandwich".

Everything in its place, and all things in moderation.

Staying away from over processed foods, being wary of artificial ingredients, and being aware of what the nutritional content of what you're eating don't seem all that revolutionary.

I agree with you. People have been keeping track of carbs and nutrition for a long time. I don't think that everyone pays attention to it, but a good majority of people are starting to.

If we took on board everything that is bad for us then we wouldn't eat anything, a lot of things on the list I do eat and it would take me a while to get out of eating those things so l'll just concentrate on trying to eat healthy my way along with some exercise.

I agree with you we should just ignore most of what they say about what is good or bad for us. They always say that something is bad for us one day, but then change their minds the next day. I prefer to eat what feels right to me.

Dang, there are at least 4-5 things on that list that I really enjoy eating. Huh... Those nutritionists always make me feel ill :D I guess I could stop eating some of those things, but that would make me unhappy.
I'm sure they know what they're talking about and If I ignore them, I might experience some health issues in the long run. Better listen to what you doctor says...

Back
Top Bottom