Recipe 2 Ingredient Recipes

Diane Lane

Veteran
Local time
9:49 AM
I didn't put this under recipes, because I didn't see a category where I could put a thread with multiple types of recipes combined. Feel free to move it, if there's somewhere it fits better than in the general discussion.

I was looking for something else, and came across this article, and some of the 'recipes' look interesting, so I figured I'd share it here, in case anyone wanted to try one or more of them. It's Summer, so I'm all about quick and easy, and this definitely falls into that category. The steak marinade sounded pretty good to me.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/34-insanely-simple-two-ingredient-recipes#.swxw8qOk1

Thank you for the link. I use to make the soda and condensed milk to make ice cream for my family when they were younger.

So many ideas! I've been wanting to try the peanut butter banana ice cream, but just haven't gotten around to it. I can't believe how many things you can make with just two ingredients. Thought, looking at some of them, I can definitely say some are way too sweet, like combined frosting and candy. Americans sure do like sugar, even though eating those kind of intense sweets can really mess up your body.

There are a lot of great ideas in this link, and all so simple! I've marinaded chicken in Italian dressing many times before, and then just thrown it on the grill. It's pretty tasty. I might try the whiskey-balsamic vinegar marinade for dinner tonight. We have a couple ribeye in the freezer that would pair very well with the marinade!

I came here out of curiosity only. The last few times I tried three ingredient recipes I don't think I liked the outcome in most cases. The one that was half decent was the nutella cookie. Still I can't even remember what the other two ingredients were. Now we are down to two ingredients, I don't know. At least some of these seem workable still. but I am in no hurry and knowing me I will add a third and fourth item to add my twist

There are a lot of great ideas in this link, and all so simple! I've marinaded chicken in Italian dressing many times before, and then just thrown it on the grill. It's pretty tasty. I might try the whiskey-balsamic vinegar marinade for dinner tonight. We have a couple ribeye in the freezer that would pair very well with the marinade!

If you do try that, I'd love to hear how it turned out.

@DancingLady The older I get, the less I seem to want to eat prepared foods and junk foods, so many of the suggestions didn't appeal to me, but some days there just isn't enough time, so it might be worth exploring one or two for those with busy schedules who still want to feel that they're making something themselves.

Someone mentioned elsewhere the other day (speaking of a lot of sugar), making homemade ice cream by mixing one liter of soda with a can of sweetened condensed milk and freezing it.

The article had me won over by the first recipe - a flourless Nutella cake?! Yes please!!

The dates and coconut butter come out looking like a consistency of these delicious health food bars I like to buy - so I might have to give them a whirl.

Possibly needless to say - I have a massive sweets craving now!

Back
Top Bottom