2024 US Memorial/UK Spring Break/Aus Reconciliation/Africa Day

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
5:21 PM
Anyone planning anything special (cooking or otherwise) for the 3-day weekend (if you’re having one)?

Even though we’ve already had several blistering hot days so far, this weekend is the unofficial start to summer here, so grilling out is mandatory, so I’ve just come back from refilling my grill’s propane tank. I’m set.

We’re planning on knack/knockwurst, sauerkraut, potato salad, and I suppose I need some other vegetable in there, and maybe some fruit thing for dessert.

Okay dashing off to work shortly but just wanted to let you know that Meijer has corn 8 ears for $1 and our location had blackberries for .50 cents per package, plus pints of blueberries 4 for $5. Get a seedless watermelon and some strawberries and you've got a nice fruit salad.

I am making deviled eggs for our Sunday party plus bringing corn on the cob, shrimp cocktail with homemade cocktail sauce, homemade 5-cheese macaroni and cheese, and fresh guacamole. Cousin A is bringing homemade cupcakes and youngest daughter is bringing a charcuterie board (she does a fantastic spread). I am bringing buns for the smoked pulled pork cousin T is making and bringing some tortilla chips. I think that's all I am doing but I have to do the majority of that stuff Saturday night after we get back from the graduation party because our family party starts at 1 on Sunday and I just won't have time otherwise.

Gotta go to work now--going out with our out-of-town friends for dinner at 6! Busy holiday weekend ahead!

Well, tomorrow is a holiday here.
Africa day.
It used to be Africa Unity day, but somehow, someway, sometime back, it changed.
Anyway, I'll probably put something on the grill or in the smoker

Well, tomorrow is a holiday here.
Africa day.
It used to be Africa Unity day, but somehow, someway, sometime back, it changed.
Anyway, I'll probably put something on the grill or in the smoker
Added to the subject! :okay:

Well, hubby has the day off because he works in ACT, (Australian Capital Territory), but we live in NSW which doesn't do reconciliation day...

No BBQ or visit to the beach though because the beach means driving through NSW and the only route to the coast starts major roadworks on Monday.. so it is going to be chaos because the Canberra people will be trying to get home from the coast, but the NSW people will be digging up the only road.

Just did. Man Utd 2: Man City 1
My son and grandson must be jumping up and down. They're died-in-the-wool United fans!
My manager is a full on Man city fan, even though he hardly knows where England is, let alone Manchester.
Anyway, I have been teasing him as he was getting cocky: Man City got 11 strikers. They can't lose
All in good humour though.
Premier league football being incredibly popular here

Back
Top Bottom