Recipe 3 meat, beanless chili

detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
1:05 PM
Ingredients
  • 2 pounds grass-fed ground beef I used leaner beef with 5% fat
  • 1 pound Italian sausage casings removed (I used Spicy Italian from Trader Joe’s)
  • ½ pound bacon ensure it’s sugar-free to stay compliant
  • 2 (28 oz) cans diced tomatoes with juice
  • 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
  • 1 large yellow onion chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
  • 2 cups beef stock homemade or compliant brand - use bone broth for an even richer taste
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1½ tablespoons dried oregano
  • 1 tablespoon ground cumin
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • ¾ teaspoon cayenne pepper to taste

Instructions
  1. Heat a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Crumble the ground chuck and sausage into the hot pan, and cook until evenly browned. Drain off excess grease.
  2. In a different pan, cook the bacon until crispy. Crumble and add to stock pot. Cook the chopped onion and pepper in the bacon drippings for about 5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add to the stock pot.
  3. To the stock pot, add in the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and beef stock. Season with garlic, oregano, cumin, paprika, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Stir to blend, then cover and simmer over low heat for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
  4. After 2 hours, taste, and adjust salt, pepper, and other spices if necessary. The longer the chili simmers, the better it will taste.
  5. Remove from heat and serve, or refrigerate, and serve the next day. Serve with onions and crumbled bacon or whatever chili toppings you prefer!

I pulled the recipe from here Best Paleo Chili (Whole30 + Keto) • Bakerita

The changes I made

No bacon

I used green pepper instead of red pepper. I sauteed them with diced garlic separately, then added to the chili

I used hot italian sausage.

I added in ground chicken (cuz I had some in the fridge)

I'm hosting a 14 player poker event tomorrow. I figured that I should make it today, because it always tastes better on day 2 lol

I'll add pictures in a second.

Bill

By "compliant," I'm guessing this is a Keto chili?

The recipe looks good to me. For the pepper-heads, they could replace the bell peppers with something hotter, I would think.

CD

By "compliant," I'm guessing this is a Keto chili?

The recipe looks good to me. For the pepper-heads, they could replace the bell peppers with something hotter, I would think.

CD

Im cooking for a large group tomorrow so i didn't want to make it to spicy.

Back
Top Bottom