Recipe 7-Day Diet Weight Loss Soup (Wonder Soup)

mjd

Veteran
Local time
2:30 PM
I am working on a 7 day cabbage soup diet. Here is the recipe for anyone interested.

7-Day Diet Weight Loss Soup (Wonder Soup)

Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 8 servings

Ingredients

1/2 head of cabbage chopped
1 cup celery diced
1 cup white or yellow onion diced
1 cup carrots diced
1 green bell pepper diced
2-3 cloves garlic minced
4 cups chicken broth
14 oz can basil oregano, garlic diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
few shakes of black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt optional

Instructions

Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
Add celery, onions, bell peppers, and carrots.
Saute until slightly tender.
Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant.
Pour in chicken broth.
Stir in tomatoes and cabbage.
Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
Cook until cabbage is tender.
Stir in oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, black pepper and salt (if using)
Taste broth and adjust seasoning if needed.
Serve and enjoy!

Notes
~TIPS~Jazz it up by adding lots of spices, herbs and a variety of veggies.This makes enough for about 3 days.Keeps well in the fridge for about 3 days.

Source: The BEST Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe Wonder Soup 7 Day Diet

Image80.png

I'm not a big fan of specific food weight loss diets. They are dangerous in that the human body will respond negatively to deprivation, by forcing weight gain later on when the diet is given up.

I found that the best way to loose weight is gradually and by the numbers, the number being an understanding of calorie counts, intake, normal sedentary burn and exercise burn. And going by the numbers allows eating anything, anything at all, with no deprivation, just a controlled reduction in weight.

You start by determining your base or sedentary calorie burn. For my height and weight, it is about 2200 calories.
Second, you keep track of the calories you eat. I keep logs, one for each food calorie count and one for what I eat daily and burn daily.
Third, you keep track of the calories you burn, again in a log, preferably the same log you record your daily intake so you can readily add and subtract the numbers.

You will never know the exact numbers, but your estimates will do.

You should NOT check your weight daily. That leads to frustration, because weight loss is barely noticeable on a daily basis and is influenced by water and feces retention. Check at weekly or monthly intervals, preferably, monthly.

As far as cabbage soup goes, I like the idea of it as a meal, but 7 days a week, would not be good for me.

Reactions: mjd
There's a reason the diet industry is worth billions and that's because nutrition is eternally complicated. This particular diet says that it reduces unhealthy sugar and starches which are generally calorie dense which leads to weight loss but then recommends a person consume lots of fruit over the week. Sugar is sugar. The body doesn't recognize the source of that sugar and gets compartmentalized regardless of the origin. Diets never work for the simple reason your body will reduce metabolism to match food intake for the most part so basically when a person goes off that diet the calories they use to consume will actually put on more body fat and gain more weight. The studies that show this have been around for decades but we never hear about this in mainstream media and the diet industry isn't going to tell anyone lol. It's a money maker.

A person has to acknowledge the diet they're on has been detrimental and the only way to change that is to fundamentally change how and what they eat. Right, like that's easy. A lifestyle change is the only way it can permanently make the difference but again deciding what to do is eternally complicated as well. I believe a good first approach would be to reduce the amount of processed foods and get more involved in the kitchen. Reducing sugar is a big one and it's in just about everything. I call the fruit section of my local the candy section. I do eat fruit, but mostly berries and mostly seasonal. There's nothing in fruit that is fundamentally better than vegetables except it has lots of sugar. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom