A complete breakfast

cupcakechef

Veteran
Local time
5:36 PM
Japan (expat by way of Australia and USA)

I saw this video about what constitutes a complete breakfast (from the perspective of science!) and I thought it was pretty neat.

They said yogurt and fruit is a good complete breakfast, particularly greek yogurt since it's higher in protein, but also contains carbs.

Would you say that you regularly eat what would be deemed a complete breakfast?

It just went to a noise ! The breakfast you consume should reflect what you are going to under take,porridge or musieli for me ,plenty of nuts and fruit ,or if theirs baker fresh bread with preserves any other breakfast for me is gluteny ,and I burn 600 calories plus on my ride to work

It just went to a noise ! The breakfast you consume should reflect what you are going to under take,porridge or musieli for me ,plenty of nuts and fruit ,or if theirs baker fresh bread with preserves any other breakfast for me is gluteny ,and I burn 600 calories plus on my ride to work
Its quite an irritating video as it is so speedy! The woman's voice over is superfast and the images are punched up relentlessly. I actually felt quite sick after watching it! The basic message is protein and carb (but of the right sort). So I expect yuor breakfast meets the brief.

Stuff the science - when I eat a breakfast [usually only on a weekend] I have a full english plus a large black coffee end of story. Remember the scientists still regarded blood letting as a good idea not all that long ago.

The only heavy breakfast that I eat is the fried rice that we have during weekends. But we have that just once, either Saturday or Sunday. When I was younger, I love the combination of pancakes, fried bacon, scrambled eggs, and fruits. But when I started gaining weight, eating habits change and I'm now into simple breakfasts like bread and butter or maybe spam. In the office, I buy taho (bean curd) that is flavored with syrup and some sago. They say it is a healthy food so that's the only thing I eat before lunch.

I do LOVE breakfast, but I must admit I don't make it for myself often enough these days, and it can consist of anything from leftovers or even just a meal-replacement drink.

However, when I do make breakfast, I often try to go as big, delicious, and as balanced as I can. :)
A common plate I'll make for myself for breakie' might be scrambled eggs with lots of pepper and some ketchup (it's gotta be Heinz!), a big piece of French crusty bread or rye toast with real butter and more often than not, both peanut butter and jam spread on it (marmalade is lovely once in a while, too), then 1 of, or up to 3 of any of the following: bacon, Peameal bacon, sausage, or baked beans. Then, the backbone of the plate, of course... homefried potatoes. With, sauteed onions & garlic, seasoned with whatever herbs I feel like or have on hand. I love adding basil, rosemary, oregano (but only the dried version when on fries), and thyme to my fries, and actually, most potato dishes I cook. This would be a classic Jayme breakfast.

And, if I am feeling a bit more 'oinky' than usual that day, lol, I might fry myself up 3 or 4 pierogi & add onions and garlic to them as well, or, I might make a batch of my famed blueberry pancakes, freeze the majority of them, and save a couple to add to my plate. :)

If I have fruit or yogurt at the time, I always try to finish things off with some of each or at least one or the other. Both are good for you & provide your body with certain things the above doesn't. As well, yogurt is just plain smart to eat (not only does it work as the dairy component of this breakfast, it also does wonders for gut flora and digestion), especially for our first meal of the day.

Cool idea for a thread. :)

I think a complete breakfast consists of proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins especially vitamin c and caffeine. You can supplement those nutrients in different ways like having bacon, eggs and toast or fried rice with beef flakes. Orange juice is always good and coffee with milk adds sweetness. Having fruits I think is optional because you can always have that for lunch.

With all this breakfast discussion, maybe I should go have me a complete breakfast. After all it's a holiday.

Back
Top Bottom