A Couple Of Nice Bricks From The Oven?

Sherry

Veteran
Local time
4:05 PM
Yes. Yesterday I decided to bake up some nice homemade bread as it's been awhile since I've done so. True bread lovers can only take so many store bought loaves before they're taste buds demand the real thing, you know.
Anyway, I must have gotten a little too happy with the flour from the very start of the venture, for I didn't end up with the lovely light loaves I'm accustomed to baking. I've got me two pretty bricks. They look well enough, as they appear nicely risen even if not quite as normal.
Now what am I going to do with these two bricks? They do make toast fairly well with a good flavor as they are sourdough. And they're pretty. Well, that is the one that hasn't been sliced (macheted) is rather pretty.
Maybe I can varnish that one and tie it up with a ribbon for use as a centerpiece on my table?
And the other one, which was some softer yesterday but not so today. Maybe that one I can give to the goats and the chickens, though the goats might break their teeth and the chickens their peckers.
What do you think?

You could make croutons or stuffing with them if the texture is just too dense to eat them as is. I agree with you that homemade bread tastes so much better than the kind you buy at the store. I really enjoy homemade bread, but rarely ever make it because of how time consuming it is to do.

Back
Top Bottom