A cuisine you've never tried, but would like to?

cupcakechef

Veteran
Local time
7:16 AM
Japan (expat by way of Australia and USA)
I'm wondering if you have a particular region/ethnic cuisine that you've wanted to try, but never had the opportunity to for whatever reason?

I've always wanted to try Nepalese food -- I've heard it's somewhat similar to Indian food (lots of curries and so forth) and everything I've seen about their cuisine looks like foods I love. Check out the wikipedia entry on Nepalese cuisine to get a bit of a run down, I'm sure a lot of you will agree it looks amazing!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepalese_cuisine

What about you? Any sort of cuisine you're interested in but just haven't had a chance to eat before?

I would like to try making Paella.
I've never made it before, and I want to see what it's like! :wink:

I'm wondering if you have a particular region/ethnic cuisine that you've wanted to try, but never had the opportunity to for whatever reason?

I've always wanted to try Nepalese food -- I've heard it's somewhat similar to Indian food (lots of curries and so forth) and everything I've seen about their cuisine looks like foods I love. Check out the wikipedia entry on Nepalese cuisine to get a bit of a run down, I'm sure a lot of you will agree it looks amazing!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepalese_cuisine

What about you? Any sort of cuisine you're interested in but just haven't had a chance to eat before?
Nepalese food is great , we go to a restaurant in Winchester , we were guests after raising money for a Nepal charity the first time we went
In the UK we have Gurkhas from Nepal in the British army and in the army catering file they have a complete section ,
Used to love cooking for them

I have never tried Korean or Filipino dishes as i don't really see these restaurants where I live but i am thinking if i did an in-depth research i could find one of those restaurants that offer such delicacies.

There is a restaurant in a town near me that is run by Nepalese people and they serve a combination of Nepalese, Indian and Chinese food. The Nepalese dishes are very similar to Indian dishes. I have always wanted to try dishes from across the SAfrican continent. I have no restaurants near me that serve that type of food and I have never made anything other than a bobotie, which is a dish from South Africa.

There is a restaurant in a town near me that is run by Nepalese people and they serve a combination of Nepalese, Indian and Chinese food. The Nepalese dishes are very similar to Indian dishes. I have always wanted to try dishes from across the SAfrican continent. I have no restaurants near me that serve that type of food and I have never made anything other than a bobotie, which is a dish from South Africa.
South African - now that's a really wide ranging of cuisine. I know a little bit about it because I once had some South African friends. Due to its colonial past it has lots of influences as well as what could be called indigenous. There's Cape Dutch or Cape Malay , which is a mixture of European and Malay influences, the latter due to the slaves brought into South Africa by the Dutch East India company. Lots of Eastern spices in those dishes. Bobotie, is, I think, a Cape Malay dish. Then there's Indian, largely brought by Indian labourers. Bunny Chow, 'curry in a loaf!' is an example.There's also German and Dutch and UK influences! I don't know too much about the indigenous cuisine, except that it is quite meat oriented. Here's a picture of Bunny Chow:
Quarter_Mutton_Bunny_Chow.jpg

Back
Top Bottom