A meal as a Christmas gift

LoveSantaAu

Veteran
Local time
12:09 AM
Website
www.lovesanta.com.au
Last week, we were lucky enough to be the recipients of an early Christmas gift (as the family will be going away soon). Our Thai friend cooked up a big pot of mild massaman curry and gave us (and a few others) a meal sized container of it. It was delicious although I did miss the peanut flavour as she made it with cashews due to a friend's allergy.

I just thought it was a great idea to give a meal as a Christmas gift. Many of us many treats as gifts or even ingredients alongside a recipe, but the meal idea is new to me. Not only is it a gift from the heart and pleasant to eat, it can be a big help ot others to have a night off cooking.

I see giving a meal as a Christmas gift as a very good gesture. It would be good to do so for an elderly person who lives alone and has no-one to look after them. This would save them from having to cook up a Christmas meal just for themselves. Cooking a Christmas meal for someone who is ill around that time, would also be very thoughtful. Families who are destitute are sure to appreciate it if someone decided to cook up a Christmas meal for them as a gift.

So, this whole concept is good, since Christmas is a time of giving and sharing, and it is very unlikely that anyone would turn down an offer of food..

we do a extra big pre Christmas meal as a gift for my in laws ,they are at the age when they do not need any thing they would not buy them selves and so we do a big meal with wine and brandy and that is enough for them ,and we also have a whip around the immediate family to send them to a show,

Giving an entire meal to someone as a Christmas present is a very selfless act in my opinion. That is food that they themselves could have eaten but chose to share with the people they care about instead. I can't say I've ever done nor been the recipient of a homemade meal quite like this, but I hope in the future that both will change.

Back
Top Bottom