A Once and Future Breakfast

taki

Veteran
Local time
5:24 AM
I've been up cleaning house for a couple hours now and the children are starting to stir. The first thing that comes out of their mouths is "I'm hungry" What to cook on a rainy Sunday?

I'm thinking scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, angel biscuits, and turkey sausage gravy.

No time to think now because I just made myself hungry :D

I'm thinking eggs Benedict. I would have never thought of it, but someone mentioned it on a post hear with peppercorn and tarragon in the sauce. That was enough to make my mouth water! However, I know that feeling Taki, when I was a live in nanny, I use to have pancakes and bacon ready every Sunday for the little ones.

*supervillain cackle of a ploy accomplished*

What? Nothing. I meant oatmeal. ;-) I'm just a huge fan of oatmeal. I actually heated my favorite flavor of creamy soy milk (black sesame flavor, although it also had red and purple rice--Vitamilk, it's a Thai brand that's available quite cheap where I live, but maybe there's an equivalent or better if you don't live in Southeast Asia) to a boil, added quick-cook oatmeal... yum. Why boil oatmeal in water and add the soy milk later if the flavor's going to get diluted? It's not as if soy milk curdles or forms a skin at the top like milk does... right?

I also like oatmeal with peanut butter (of course, I boil the oats in water first because you can't cook oatmeal, even instant oatmeal, in a pot of hot peanut butter...I think...I've never tried...and I'm not going to,) topped with bananas and jam or jelly. It's like a rde-constructed PB&J sandwich. But with oats, instead of bread. Unless your bread usually has oats?

Last edited:
I really do like oatmeal, even in the summer. I allow it to cool down in the summer and eat it with yogurt and fresh fruit. Its the one food that I can eat in the morning that fills me up and doesn't cause me to be logy. I like making breakfast tacos or burritos. Scramble some eggs and add whatever veggies are around.

Omelettes are my go-to breakfast dish whenever I have no idea what to prepare, because it's very easy to prepare and still looks complex once prepared, and also you can just put in whatever ingredients you have available and get a different product each time.

Omelettes are my go-to breakfast dish whenever I have no idea what to prepare, because it's very easy to prepare and still looks complex once prepared, and also you can just put in whatever ingredients you have available and get a different product each time.
I was just about to say omelettes too! I love to put mushrooms and cheese with ham in mine. For my husband, I will put pieces of steak,bacon or some type of meat!

I have been eating oatmeal with a spoonful of peanut butter to give myself more protein. It is tasty and sticks with me a little longer than just oatmeal with raisins.

Back
Top Bottom