A trip to my local Indian store

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
7:08 PM
Daughter is getting bored being house bound, I suggested we go to my Indian store, gurujis, I needed to stock up some stuff. Husband and wife about my age own the place, bought cumin and fennel seeds, frozen galangal, date and tamarind chutney and a few incense sticks, I love these burning away in the background. Place was busy as usual, the owner asked me how I was, usual pleasantries then I said, I'm getting family discount aren't I uncle, he laughed and called me bro. My daughter laughed at our conversation. She enjoyed a few hours out. Her friend is picking her up now to go see her family for an hour or so. It's 7.30 pm here ATM. Mr 7 in bed.

Russ

You would like living in my neighborhood. There is a pretty popular Indian store less than a mile from me. I've never been in it. It is part of a big chain of Indian stores.

Frisco | :: India Bazaar ::

CD

You would like living in my neighborhood. There is a pretty popular Indian store less than a mile from me. I've never been in it. It is part of a big chain of Indian stores.

CD

Well - you really should look around it. If its anything like here you can pick up all kinds of spices for a fraction of supermarket prices. Also some fantastic produce such as fresh curry leaves and fenugreek leaves.

CD

As usual, you are right, I'd love browsing through there, the masala magic is dirt cheap. You really need to go have a look in there. The smells are amazing if it's like the one I go to.. It's bigger than I would have thought, which suggests a big Indian following. I made a beautiful butter chicken last weekend. You need to try it?

Russ

Back in Connecticut, there was a great but small indian grocery, but jam packed with all sorts of Indian ingredients. If you hit the place at the right time, they even served prepared food you could take out. (I seldom did.) They had a refrigerated section stocked with the freshest okra, bitter melon, curry leaves and a variety of hot peppers. I'd get my paratha there. And, ghee. Spices were great! I'll possibly get back there the next time I return to my old neighborhood.

Yes, prices are better than things you'd otherwise find at the supermarket.

Have we not persuaded to to take a little trip to your local Indian store caseydog ? :D We are all wanting to know what they have on sale....

Not yet. I've been up to my eyeballs with work. I wouldn't mind checking to see what they have for produce, including peppers.

Within a few miles of me, we also have a big Asian supermarket. It has wagyu beef and live fish in tanks that they will "dispatch" for you. Weekly Ad - 99 Ranch Market

We have a small Mexican market, but it is terrible. I have to drive at least thirty minutes to go to a decent Supermercado.

CD

Last edited:
As usual, you are right, I'd love browsing through there, the masala magic is dirt cheap. You really need to go have a look in there. The smells are amazing if it's like the one I go to.. It's bigger than I would have thought, which suggests a big Indian following. I made a beautiful butter chicken last weekend. You need to try it?

Russ

My part of the Dallas metropolitan area is home to a lot of high-tech companies, which means a decent size Asian/Indian community. Toyota's North American Headquarters is now here, too.

CD

Back
Top Bottom