Adding tag for 'beets'

PS, I am trying to add the word "beets" to the tags, but that won't take. Dunno why. No one I know personally ever calls the things "beetroot". Which, I might imagine, might harm searches?

Beetroots is UK - Beets is American useage. I don't think it will harm searches as the words are 'cloned', which I think is why it won't let the 'beets' tag through. So if you search for beets it will find beetroot recipes & vice versa. I'll move this to site support for SatNavSaysStraightOn to comment.

It is letting beets through. It is not blocking it. Just as with aubergine, courgette, peppers etc it is redirecting it to the UK version (with us being a UK based and founded site). Search engines will find it because the tag is basically saying beetroot or beets.

Beets in the UK by the way are not edible raw and have to be cooked. They are of the same family as beetroot but not the same and typically a gmo crop, though few people realise this. They are white and used to produce sugar that isn't cane sugar but beet sugar. you may know them as sugar beet.

Search engines are also now intelligent enough to make the distinction between UK and USA variations, so if you were to search on aubergine or courgette it will find and give results for both.

I have however edited the tag to make it clearer that it applies to both and to bring it into line with the other UK/USA variations.

Back
Top Bottom