Advent treats and foods, do you have any?

CoffeeTalk

Veteran
Local time
9:34 PM
So I am now in Scandinavia, Norway right now, and here it is a vast array of traditional treats and foods all through the month of December, first there is Advent until Christmas, and then you have Christmas for days or more like weeks ,well into the new year, and New Year too.

So right now the baking and cooking have started, many of the sorts are for Christmas but they start making them now, and will continue eating them all through this "Christmas-season".
Pepperkaker (sort of like gingerbread), Sirupsnipper, Goro, Ktumkaker, Berlinerkranser, Fattigmann , Sandkaker, Kokosmakroner, Sandkaker and Smultringer, are all among the traditions of the "7 sorts for Christmas".

Krumkaker is a version that many know in the form of a Ice cream wafer. The tradition is to fill it with whipped cream and berries or jam ,many think the only right thing is cloudberries and raspberries. Like this:
krumkaker49.jpg

We do not normally have advent treats and foods. All of the traditional treats and foods are reserved for Christmas eve or Christmas day, and then continues on into the new year until the season is over. All the hype for Christmas like the baking and cooking starts on Christmas eve. Of course most of the shopping should be done before this day. Waiting to shop for foodstuffs or baking ingredients on Christmas eve is not a very good idea. I did this one Christmas eve when I only wanted a few extra items, and plan never to make that mistake again. It seems like some people just wait for the last minute and then they have to spend hours in a supermarket line.

Back
Top Bottom