Advice on appliances

86general

Local time
3:10 AM
Hi - I am a home chef/foodie and I’m redoing my kitchen In a home I bought about a year ago. Looking for opinions. I am going to buy a “professional” range or range top. Leaning toward a Bluestar. Debating between 36 and 48” models. The kitchen has a high quality, 2 year old convection oven and a combination microwave/speed oven already, so I don’t _need_ a 3rd oven. If I get a range top I can afford a 48”. Opinions on 36 v 48” rangetops, do you like the larger, is it worth it, etc.? Would anyone opt for a 36” _range_ to get the additional oven?

Finally...what are everyone’s thoughts on 1. Adding a prep sink, in an island, 2. Putting a pot filler on the backsplash, and 3. Adding an under counter fridge drawer to supplement the regular wall fridge.

I have plenty of room in the kitchen for all these things. I am aware of the added ventilation requirements of the bigger cooktop and have planned for all that if needed. I know things are expensive and while I don’t have an unlimited budget, I want to do this right and not regret later that I didn’t add something. I’m asking because although I’ve owned several houses and had many different kitchens, I’ve never had the opportunity to get a really large cooktop, never had a pot filler, never had the room or need for a prep sink or additional refrigeration, etc. Thanks everyone!

Many thanks.

Other than the stove's oven, THIS one is all that i would need. Summer is coming, which means that I would hate to have to heat up the stove's oven for baking small things!! Hah!!

Use quality names, Bosch has a great reputation and my last dishwasher was one. 10/10 the only regret when it broke down my wife talked me into Chinese one. Bad mistake. Chinese one is crap compared to Bosch.

Russ

Use quality names, Bosch has a great reputation and my last dishwasher was one. 10/10 the only regret when it broke down my wife talked me into Chinese one. Bad mistake. Chinese one is crap compared to Bosch.

Russ

Bosch is also quite expensive. But I guess you get what you pay for!! :whistling:

Wow,sounds exciting! The best kitchen of your life!
Like MorningGlory, I too have a tiny kitchen.
From what I gather a large freezer is a plus.
And a fridge drawer, yes! I'd assume it is good for keeping cool snacks chilled, like boiled eggs, yoghurt etc... A youtuber showed how she uses the drawer for her kids snacks, attheir height level...she has 8 kids...
You can reflect if you need such.
I d love to have one for bread. I like keeping my Bread chilled.

If I get more ideas later, will post.🤗

I hope other members can help with some advice. My kitchen is so tiny! I'll just watch this thread with envy...

What is a pot filler?
It's a separate water tap, usually set up somewhere very near the cooking surface, so you don't have to lug great pots of water from the sink to the stovetop.

Sounds a bit unnecessary, but the people I know who have them swear by them.

It's nice to have a drain near water, but you are in luck.

A little known fact about plumbing is that only the toilet has to go to the pipe, and seal. It is usually good for the main sink as well but many things can just be a tube running down to the tubs or by the drains in the basement.

I think you'll like the bigger cooktop.

T

Back
Top Bottom