After Recovery

sixxup

Veteran
Local time
11:35 PM
Which is the best food after recovering from diarrhea? Some say that we should take a lot of fluids. What about you?

Lots of fluids is key to preventing dehydration. Bananas are very good, gentle on the stomach. They help stop diarrhea because of their high potassium content. You also need probiotics. Plain yogurt and kefir are the best food sources. I recommend plain because all flavored yogurts are loaded with sugar, which won't do you any good.

Plenty of fluids is a given ,and rehydrate salt sachets,and plain foods toast or rice plain pasta

We have fruits here called star apple that is good for diarrhea. I've heard that apple is also a good recovery food. In cases like that, we normally cook beef porridge. It is nutritious and packed with protein and carbohydrates. If you are recovering from diarrhea that means you are weak. Beef porridge will give you back the lost energy. A side dish for beef porridge is the fried tofu, that's another healthy food. And this last prescription may not sit well with you but this is what we drink - Coke.

And this last prescription may not sit well with you but this is what we drink - Coke
I was always 'taught' for younger children at least, to use flat coke or flat lemonade and the way to flatten it was to warrm it slightly in large saucepan and put a teaspoon of sugar into it.
I know it used to work really well at getting fluids into younger children when they were suffering from diarrhea. It was an old fashioned doctor from the Lake Dristrict that told us that one some 20 odd years ago!

Back
Top Bottom