Alerts

Only since the last update.
Updates have to be applied. They are security fixes. This one seems to have impacted server performance. You don't get options. Only update or not. Nothing more.

I'll look at restarting all services later today to try to clear the issue. But I must get back to bed.

This appears to have been resolved now after a few bits of the server have been restarted.

Can everyone else confirm this please?

Edit: Moderators please note that I have moved this to site support so that other members can also confirm that this is no longer an issue.

Is anybody else seeing something funny with the "alerts" tab? Mine has been odd for a few days. For example, today it showed nine. After I'd clicked on one of the new ones, it went down to seven. After that, it went to three, then showed nothing until I'd gone to another thread and then the three came back.

Not earth-shattering, but strange.

Yes, I've seen that. I think it might have to do with that new Push feature.

I think it might have to do with that new Push feature
no, it was directly related to the latest update of the forum software. I just needed the server services restarting. Something I don't have access to due to the arrangement in place with the former owner of the forum. He continues to host the site for us.

I've moved this thread into the support area so that members could let me know if this issue was resolved. I'm solely talking about the little red numbers to the right of your member name in the green bar above. Push notifications are a "different kettle of fish" despite advising you of the same thing.

I only noted that the alert issue started at about the same time I saw the posts regarding the push feature.
Just coincidence. The restart has cleared the problem. (I'm actually a qualified Microsoft IT Engineer/Consultant so this sort of troubleshooting is normal to me. I previously ran a network with 25 servers, 700 users and +500 company owned laptops/desktops and a myriad of personally owned devices on the network.)

Push notifications are still allowed, not necessarily enabled because the decision now lies with each member rather than me deciding that no-one was going to be allowed them end of story. Most members won't use it, but the choice is now yours to make.

Back
Top Bottom