Alternatives to Clingfilm

What is it called? This way I can find them here in Canada. I hate the cling wrap as it doesn't stay in place.
What's what called? The name is actually in the picture so I hadn't repeated it.

A worthy cause to support seems to be Beeswax Wraps, Beeswax Bags & DIY Bees Wrap food storage wraps a Thai company set up by an Australian lady now living in Thailand employing 22 locals and "paying 20% more than the living wage suggested by the Fair Trade Association."

If I was happy using beeswax (which I'm not) I'd buy mine from there.

Last edited:
I use clingfilm/plastic wrap a lot. I also had terrible issues with it sticking to nothing but itself, but then I switched to Stretch-Tite, and it's the easiest to work with for me.

I order it from Amazon, but I think I they sell it at Costco as well.
I buy the same, Stretch-tite at Costco.
I tried that new stuff,
Glad® Press 'n Seal
REALLY did not like that at all!
Talk about just clinging to it self!!!!

I use clingfilm/plastic wrap a lot. I also had terrible issues with it sticking to nothing but itself, but then I switched to Stretch-Tite, and it's the easiest to work with for me.

I order it from Amazon, but I think I they sell it at Costco as well.

do you have the dispenser? someone mentioned/recommended it on one of the Fori - got one, love it.
being somewhat klutzy I usually wound up with a ball of Saran(type) wrap - the dispenser works like a charm.
now I'm looking for a similar dispenser for alum

do you have the dispenser? someone mentioned/recommended it on one of the Fori - got one, love it.
being somewhat klutzy I usually wound up with a ball of Saran(type) wrap - the dispenser works like a charm.
now I'm looking for a similar dispenser for alum
No, I don't have it. I've been meaning to get one, but stretch-tite works so well on its own, with the little cutter on the box, that I'm doing fine without the holder.

I went for these since they are reuable.
silicone.png

i dont love plastic wrap. but i use it. when i can i use a lid, or a plate in the oven. but there are uses. i mostly use it to wrap stuff up three times and then into a zipper bag for the deep freeze.

Back
Top Bottom