America's Test Kitchen / Cooks Illustrated

OhioTom76

Guru
Local time
4:24 AM
I just recently completed a two week free trial offer with these sites, and really enjoyed them. They have a bunch of fantastic recipes that were personally tested by a large staff of people to ensure that they are of the highest quality. Unlike many of the crowd sourced sites out there where people are posting recipes that are largely hit or miss.

They also have a great selection of video recipes to watch. It reminded me a lot of the old days of Food Network, where they were actually about cooking and cooking techniques, and not about yapping about themselves and their lifestyles all day.

The subscription costs are very reasonable too - only about $3 per month.

Thanks for mentioning these sites. Even though I have heard of these organizations, I didn't know about these sites. I will definitely check them out.

I also prefer the old Food Network. I picked up a lot cooking tips and tricks from that network. I used to enjoy watching some of my favorite cooking shows over prime time TV.

I love America's Test Kitchen so I will have to check out their website. I like watching their show on the local PBS channel, and their recipes always look really good.

I have seen a few episodes of their show on PBS and my boyfriend got me into them. He was thinking of applying to be a test chef in Boston. I will have to tell him to check out the sites. They sound useful!

Back
Top Bottom