An Idea for a new recipe 'challenge' or just another way of discussing recipe changes?

Of course, I thought that the whole point of this forum was for people to share their experiences and the things they like, any idiot can copy and paste stuff from the internet. I hope there will be some original ideas, like my beef in oyster sauce pittas. :okay:
If you just want idiot copy and paste recipes, there are hundreds of kindle e-books that do just that. They are easy to spot. The 5 star reviews all say best cookbook for "title of book" and real reviews are marked unhelpful.
Now I suppose you want my roast chicken recipe.

Of course, I thought that the whole point of this forum was for people to share their experiences and the things they like, any idiot can copy and paste stuff from the internet. I hope there will be some original ideas, like my beef in oyster sauce pittas. :okay:
Bring it on. Anything to do with oysters excites me!

If you just want idiot copy and paste recipes, there are hundreds of kindle e-books that do just that. They are easy to spot. The 5 star reviews all say best cookbook for "title of book" and real reviews are marked unhelpful.
Now I suppose you want my roast chicken recipe.
Yep!

:D

Not showing off or anything, honest, but we were packing for our long weekend in Bilbao, the highlight of which is going to a Kraftwerk gig at the Guggenheim museum. Like I said, not showing off or anything :whistling::hyper:
Kraftwerk!. Now you're talking. Also Bilbao has some good restaurants I've heard. Zortiko, Restaurante Guggenheim, Azurmendi to name but a few.

Question time!

When you "copy and paste" a relatives recipe, that has been copied and posted on the internet, that you have used, can you just put family recipe?

Or do you let someone point out a similar recipe online.

The other thing to consider is the small print in many competitions. Copyright is handed over to organisers upon entry. Meaning they no longer have to credit you. Even the "origional" recipe mentioned upthread is over 50 years old and from Galway.

Winning entries in Scout cooking competitions get sent to Gilwell Park. From there they compile their own lists, then print them and sell them.

Cowboy Stew is on here, winner for me a "few years" ago. Gilwell Park now has over 2,000 versions of that on record. Patrol won with Boy Scout Stew. Both are easy enough find, copy and paste "idiot" style, on the internet.

Mines on A4 paper, I just cannot be bothered with someone saying they've found some thing like it on the internet. I know it is. So I've chosen the easy way round it and cut and pasted to save arguments.

Winning entries in Scout cooking competitions get sent to Gilwell Park. From there they compile their own lists, then print them and sell them.

Cowboy Stew is on here, winner for me a "few years" ago. Gilwell Park now has over 2,000 versions of that on record. Patrol won with Boy Scout Stew. Both are easy enough find, copy and paste "idiot" style, on the internet.

Mines on A4 paper, I just cannot be bothered with someone saying they've found some thing like it on the internet. I know it is. So I've chosen the easy way round it and cut and pasted to save arguments.
Sounds like King Ranch Chicken. About a thousand versions.

Question time!

When you "copy and paste" a relatives recipe, that has been copied and posted on the internet, that you have used, can you just put family recipe?

Or do you let someone point out a similar recipe online.

The other thing to consider is the small print in many competitions. Copyright is handed over to organisers upon entry. Meaning they no longer have to credit you. Even the "origional" recipe mentioned upthread is over 50 years old and from Galway.

I'd say if its a family recipe then say so and also refer to the website where its published. This helps to publicise your relative's recipe. Obviously if your relative's recipe has been plagiarised by someone on-line, you wouldn't refer to that website. Well, not unless you wanted to point out the plagiarism!

I'd say if its a family recipe then say so and also refer to the website where its published. This helps to publicise your relative's recipe. Obviously if your relative's recipe has been plagiarised by someone on-line, you wouldn't refer to that website. Well, not unless you wanted to point out the plagiarism!
One point being, that once it's on the internet it's much harder get all copies removed. Books can be withdrawn much easier.

Having to put a link in to credit someone(often not right person) may be where we are losing out.

And in doing what was suggested, they lost out. All local bookshops refused to stock the books.

Back
Top Bottom