An interesting item for anyone who likes coffee

We are not coffee drinkers but my nephew would ask coffee grinds from the local Starbucks to give it to me. I use the coffee grinds as air freshener in our fridge. Particularly when there is cooked fish, worse raw fish, the fishy smell would cling inside the fridge. When the effect in the fridge had expired the coffee grounds is thrown in the planter box to drive away the pesky insects that attack the plants. I guess coffee grounds is also good in the compost bin although we still have to try it there.

I love all of the ideas presented! A coffee candle sounds delicious, and I never knew you could use the grounds as a deodorizer for your fridge. I usually use baking soda or even lemon juice to deodorize but it's good to know I can just use something I had ordinarily been throwing away. It'll make me feel like I'm recycling!

I can't say I like coffee but like the presentation suggested, even if you don't drink it and I don't drink a lot the tips are still useful. I can't say we have a lot of coffee shops over here though although the numbers are growing,

These are some great ideas. I use coffee grinds in the compost. I never though of using this m in the fridge. I will definitely use them for that. That for sharing this. There is a lot of great information and ideas.

I have always thrown my grounds into the compost pile, but I never thought to put them in the fridge. I'm not sure why, I knew they were good for odors. I've seen whole beans used in candle stores for that such purpose: they set small bowls of coffee beans around the store to sniff in between sniffing candle scents. It helps with smell confusion between candle scents.

Back
Top Bottom