Another Way To Share Food

Just before covid I went to my old house and had a meeting with the principal.
My school Is now a decile 1 the lowest.
I asked how can I help.?
They said they needed the fence around the pool.
I know a lot of people out there so I went and hot finding for that 13k.
They then asked if I could get funding for changing sheds ?
I went back to my guy and got another 13k for sheds
And not 1 thank you!!
They approached me again and asked for help?
I said I only helping for y months. I'm done.. not even a reply.

I wont offer again.

Russ
Don't give up on all humans rascal , we're not all that way

This came in the mail the other week, along with a receipt

IMG_3702.JPG

When we lived in Southern Arizona, maybe a handful of times, I took over a full meal for a grieving family and friends visiting after their loved one passed away. (Baked Pasta with Meatballs, Garlic Bread and a Salad - enough for say 10 people - along with disposable plates and cutlery - no mess to clean up)
I always included my "calling card" so that they knew where the food came from.

WOW!
That's great, medtran49 how did that happen? Does the State of Florida cover the cost?
There are lots of uber wealthy people in Florida. I lived in Florida for 37 years. I'm going to guess no to the state covering it and that some wealthy thoughtful people paid the bill. The state of Florida doesn't even like to help hungry families with food assistance without making them jump through hoops.

I knew a woman in Florida who had a hard time making ends meet (she was the housekeeper at the spa I worked at as a massage therapist and had no car, no husband, and 2 small kids). They constantly made her keep in-office appointments where she had to take the bus to get there, find a neighbor to watcth her kids ot take them with her, and take off for work for qualification screenings. Ridiculous.

There are lots of uber wealthy people in Florida. I lived in Florida for 37 years. I'm going to guess no to the state covering it and that some wealthy thoughtful people paid the bill. The state of Florida doesn't even like to help hungry families with food assistance without making them jump through hoops.

I knew a woman in Florida who had a hard time making ends meet (she was the housekeeper at the spa I worked at as a massage therapist and had no car, no husband, and 2 small kids). They constantly made her keep in-office appointments where she had to take the bus to get there, find a neighbor to watcth her kids ot take them with her, and take off for work for qualification screenings. Ridiculous.
I was thinking along those lines JAS_OH1

Back
Top Bottom