Recipe Anthony's Coal Fired Wings

medtran49

Forum GOD!
Local time
5:02 AM
No pic because they haven't been made in a while but probably will be soon since I divided the wings we bought on sale into 2 freezer bags. I cut the recipe at least in half for the 2 of us.

Make sure you marinade for the whole time.

They can be cooked in the oven or on a grill. Craig likes to cook them in a basket on a rotisserie sometimes.

Ingredients
5 pounds chicken wings
1/4 cup peeled garlic cloves, well smashed
2 Tbsp dried rosemary
1/3 cup chopped parsley
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice, sometimes I use half lemon juice and half lime or orange juice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp black pepper
Salt to taste

Garnish
1 cup caramelized onions
Six 2-inch or so slices rosemary foccacia

Directions
Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.

Place chicken wings in a large nonreactive bowl or roasting pan or plastic bag. Whisk remaining ingredients together in a small bowl, season with salt, to taste. Pour marinade over wings, tossing to coat. Cover wings and refrigerate for 18-24 hours. Stir or flip bag occasionally; do not over-marinate.

Place wings on a greased rack in a foil lined, for easy clean up, baking dish, single layer, skin side up. Cook for 25 minutes, turning wings over halfway through cooking process to brown both sides.

Serve with onions and focaccia, if desired.

Last edited:
Thank you. One question - The acid doesn't start to “cook” the wings?

Wings, drums and flats, rosemary focaccia and caramelized onions.
20240518_184406.jpg

Lovely. I've put wings in the shopping basket.
Won't get done until I return from Spain when I'll probably look at it and think why have I put those in my basket? 😆

I've never cooked wings before but thought I'd have a go. They were so cheap - £1 from Morrisons. Was planning something very simple though.

Back
Top Bottom