Any experience with unbranded Mandoline Slicers?

KoyaAi

Über Member
Local time
1:50 PM
Anybody here tried using unbranded mandoline slicers? I was looking for one under $30 and found one that looked good enough for me. My question is, have you guys tried using unbranded ones below $30 and do you have any feedback that can maybe help me out?

We had a cheap one for a couple of years. It worked ok but then we only used it occasionally. Went back to just using a sharp knife in the end - easier to wash. Like most tools I suppose it depends on how much you use them - the professional mechanic buys only the best spanners - the average DIY guy is fine with less exacting tools and same applies to cooks. How much will you be using it ?

Sorry I am Very late to this... but I have had a few of the CHEAP ones $10. US. it worked great for what I needed for. I only use them when I have to slice a lot of things and keep them VERY uniform. otherwise I just use my knife. this is the one I have.

it lists it at 4.99 now. LOL

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/mandoline-slicer/1010496373?Keyword=mandoline
That is very cheap! I already have a great mandoline slicer(rather more expensive) - but this looks good.

Back
Top Bottom