Any good sauce recipes using horseradish?

Zyni

Veteran
Local time
11:53 AM
I enjoy horseradish. The problem is that most of the sauces I know how to make with it are fattening. I do just eat prepared horseradish as a type of "sauce" or sandwich spread at times, but I'd like there to be a bit more to it.

Does anyone have a favorite sauce to share? Maybe an idea to share?

Alternatively, rather than using creme fraiche to mix with the horseradish, use Greek style plain yoghurt and use as a pasta sauce with prawns, or perhaps thin strips of beef.

I love the idea of Greek yogurt mixed with horseradish. Another idea is to mix it with vinegar, mustard, mayonnaise, sour cream and a bit of ground chili. This sauce goes great with roast meats.

Reactions: L_B
I love the idea of Greek yogurt mixed with horseradish. Another idea is to mix it with vinegar, mustard, mayonnaise, sour cream and a bit of ground chili. This sauce goes great with roast meats.

This sauce sounds great with a bit of a zing. I will have to give it a try. Do you have a recipe for it or do you just kind of add the ingredients to your taste?

I don't know any sauce recipes since horseradish is generally used as a condiment. I do love it though...it is one of my favorite things to eat with beef. I like it plain though, I am not so happy with the horseradsih mustard combination.

I really enjoy the spicy kick of horseradish in a variety of meals. At a restaurant I once worked at, we would simply mix it with some mayonnaise and use it as a dipping sauce for fried vegetables such as fried zucchini or fried mushrooms. If you're worried about the sauce containing too much fat, you could always substitute a low fat or no fat mayo instead, and it should work fine as well. You can also use horseradish in a home made BBQ sauce for some extra complexity and heat. One brand in particular, called "Bone Suckin' Sauce" has horseradish in it. I've never tried mixing it with mustard, but that sounds rather interesting as well.

I think Horseradish and greek yogurt would be good. There would be a really smooth taste to that. It would be a very creamy dressing that people could use everywhere. I have never used it as a dipping sauce for veggies but I think it would be good. I guess I am going to have to venture out of my comfort zone one of these days and try some different kinds of horseradish sauces, dips and the like.

I love fresh horseradish ,I grow roots in the garden,other than fish I use it with watercress for pestos,I have it with ox cheek croquettes at the moment garnish with red onion marmalade

Back
Top Bottom