Any one have an easy dessert ideas?

teekelly

Veteran
Local time
2:03 PM
Website
pandaplatter.com
Like i mean DIRT EASY like virtually no cooking, but looks like you may have put some effort into it. I ask because i want to do a little cooking session with my little niece and nephew but i dont want to do the typical chocolate rice crispy cakes or vanilla cup cakes. Train them to be foodies from young (baby steps though lol)

You could make meringues. Very easy to do and they look so impressive if drizzled with some chocolate sauce. Just whizz up egg whites and sugar, pile onto a baking tray and leave in a slow oven. But perhaps that's too complicated.

How old are the kids?

this one is very versatile you can make it any flavor you like add fruit or not etc...

http://www.copymethat.com/r/5xWKvQw/parfait-pie/
Not sure about this one if you are trying to encourage children to cook. I think it might teach them to buy ready made packet mixes and assemble them! Sorry - but I have a dislike of things that are not really recipes, masquerading as recipes! I know this isn't your own recipe @Chef00 so I trust I won't offend you!

these are GREAT and easy to make too.

Banana Chocolate Spring Rolls

Servings 4

Ingredients

1 quart peanut oil, for frying

1 whole banana, quartered

4 whole won ton wrappers

4 teaspoons semisweet chocolate chopped into small pieces or morsels

2 tablespoons granulated sugar

4 ounces caramel flavored ice cream

Directions

1. Preheat the oil to 350 degrees. In a large deep (at least 2 quart) pot.

2. Place 1 piece of quartered banana and several small chocolate pieces at the bottom of the wonton wrapper. Sprinkle with sugar and wet the edges with water. Wrap like a burrito and drop into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown and place on plate lined with paper towels to soak up excess oil until ready to serve.

3. Sprinkle again with sugar. Place on serving plate with a scoop of ice cream.

and another one:

Angel Food Cake Cubes with Berry Sauce

Robin Miller – Food Network Chefs

Ingredients

1 (10-ounce) bag frozen blackberries, thawed or frozen
1 teaspoon cornstarch
½ prepared angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes (enough to make 4 cups)

Directions
In a small saucepan, combine blackberries and cornstarch. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer until blackberries break down, 2 to 5 minutes.

2. Transfer blackberries to a large bowl, add angel food cake cubes and toss to coat cake with sauce. Serve warm or chilled.

Notes Your favorite berry works Great. I like to use a scoop of ice cream with this.

these are GREAT and easy to make too.

Banana Chocolate Spring Rolls

Servings 4

Ingredients

1 quart peanut oil, for frying

1 whole banana, quartered

4 whole won ton wrappers

4 teaspoons semisweet chocolate chopped into small pieces or morsels

2 tablespoons granulated sugar

4 ounces caramel flavored ice cream

Directions

1. Preheat the oil to 350 degrees. In a large deep (at least 2 quart) pot.

2. Place 1 piece of quartered banana and several small chocolate pieces at the bottom of the wonton wrapper. Sprinkle with sugar and wet the edges with water. Wrap like a burrito and drop into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown and place on plate lined with paper towels to soak up excess oil until ready to serve.

3. Sprinkle again with sugar. Place on serving plate with a scoop of ice cream.
I'm sure its great but I'm not sure little kiddies together with deep fat frying are a good idea!

Not sure about this one if you are trying to encourage children to cook. I think it might teach them to buy ready made packet mixes and assemble them! Sorry - but I have a dislike of things that are not really recipes, masquerading as recipes! I know this isn't your own recipe @Chef00 so I trust I won't offend you!

No offense taken. No it is not my recipe it is from a cool whip top from YEARS ago. and has been a family favorite for years. Not everything has to be made from scratch to be goo. but if that is what you prefer then by all means skip this one.

I'm sure its great but I'm not sure little kiddies together with deep fat frying are a good idea!
I was just coming back to edit this one. this is NOT for the kiddies! I didn't read down far enough to see that you were teaching young kids. Sorry! But definitely skip this one you don't want them anywhere near hot oil!

I was just coming back to edit this one. this is NOT for the kiddies! I didn't read down far enough to see that you were teaching young kids. Sorry! But definitely skip this one you don't want them anywhere near hot oil!
Its not me that made the original post, its @teekelly. :) Keep me well away from kiddies in the kitchen!

Having looked in my scout cookbook, whatabout....
Openfire Peach skillet dessert
Number Served: 9
Non Food Items Needed:
Large frying pan, lid to cover
1 cup Measuring cup
tsp. measuring spoon
Hot pad
serving spoon
Food Items Needed:
1 can sliced peaches
1/3 can of peach juice
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1 cup biscuit mix (dry)
1/3 cup water
4 Tbsp. melted butter
1/4 cup sugar
cinnamon

Preparation:
You could measure your dry ingredients into plastic bags to eliminate need to measure when making.
Drain peaches, measure juice, add back to drained peaches. Add 1 cup sugar and lemon juice.
Pour into large frying pan. Mix biscuit mix with water until stiff. Drop by spoonsful onto peaches.
Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.
Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve warm.

Was for cooking on camp, but can be done indoors.

What age range?

And another
Fruit Crumble
350 g (12 oz) fruit (possibly sweeten with about 50g sugar?)
50 g (2 oz) margarine or butter
100 g (4 oz) self raising flour
50 g (2 oz) sugar

1 Heat oven to 190ºC, 375ºF, Gas Mark 5.
2 Place sweetened fresh fruit or canned fruit in ovenproof dish.
3 Rub fat into flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
4 Add sugar, mix thoroughly and spread evenly over the fruit.
Bake for about 30 minutes until fruit is cooked and top is golden.

You could make meringues. Very easy to do and they look so impressive if drizzled with some chocolate sauce. Just whizz up egg whites and sugar, pile onto a baking tray and leave in a slow oven. But perhaps that's too complicated.

How old are the kids?
they are 3 and 5! soo maybe a little to hard...

Back
Top Bottom