Anyone ever mix their condiments?

True2marie

Veteran
Local time
9:00 PM
Sometimes when I want a spicier version of ketchup, I mix this paste with hot sauce or Heinz 57. It's cheaper than buying the hyped up versions of 'exotic' ketchup on the shelves today. There's no need to pay the extra expense.

I like to mix my ketchup with mayo and put it on hamburgers! I think it is delicious! I also like to mix salsa with queso cheese to dip tortillas in. I also like to mix peanut butter with maple sryup and spread it on toast. My husband likes to mix ranch dressing with mustard and dip french fries in it. Yes, we are a family who likes to mix things up a bit. :)

Yes. I really love to mix mustard and ketchup! That is the only one I use on a regular basis but I'm sure that once in a while I do this with other products and don't even pay attention to it.

I sure do. The old Ketchup, Relish, and Mayo mixture is a fairly well known way to make Thousand Island dressing, or as it's otherwise known - McDonalds Secret Sauce. But I also enjoy:

- Prepared Horseradish and Mayo for a simple Piquant sauce. It's fantastic on roast beef sandwiches, but also an incredible dip for fried mushrooms and other fried veggies.

- French's Yellow Mustard, Honey, and Mayo for a creamy Honey Mustard spread or dip. That's kind of a no-brainer.

- Chili Sauce and Grape Jam for a great sweet & sour sauce on meatballs. Newer recipes suggest using Cranberry Jelly in place of the Grape Jam - I like both.

- Apricot Preserves and Spicy Brown Mustard along with a little Garlic Powder for another fantastic sweet and sour glaze that is phenomenal on roasted pork loin.

- Sun Dried Tomatoes and Mayo makes a fantastic flavored mayo to put on chicken wraps or even on burgers.

Back
Top Bottom