Anyone know how to make Liquor Cupcakes?

posiimage

Über Member
Local time
10:49 AM
Do any of you know how to make liquor filled cupcakes? I am starting to get people asking if I make them but my trials have been unsuccessful. They turn out too gummy.

Far as I know you just stick a fine nozzle in a piping bag and fill with liquor of your choice! Then stick the nozzle into the centre of the cupcake and squeeze.:happy: But perhaps I'm not understanding...

Do any of you know how to make liquor filled cupcakes? I am starting to get people asking if I make them but my trials have been unsuccessful. They turn out too gummy.

Perhaps you are putting too much liquor in? Perhaps add fruit soaked in liquor

I've made a cake with Bailey's Irish Cream frosting before. So maybe you could make a simple buttercream and infuse it with liquor and then fill the center of the cupcake with that?

A friend of mine made Grand Marnier cupcakes a while back. She didn't put the liquor in the batter directly but waited until the cupcakes were halfway baked to take them out of the stove for a moment, stabbed into the center of the cakes with a straw then funnel just a taste of liquor into the dough--kind of like one of the poke cakes. Since the batter was already setting, the alcohol seemed to diffuse throughout the cake but pool at the center. I don't know what magic she used to make them taste so good (haha), but they were definitely boozy cupcakes.

@Lullabelle I'll dig out the recipe and post it as soon as I find it. Another way would be to maybe "brush" the liquor onto the cup cakes right as they come out of the oven so they can soak it up. A vanilla cupcake would work nice with Grand Marnier as it would bring out the organg-y flavor of it nicely I think. Then maybe top that off with a nice chocolate ganache and some orange zest. Now that would be a cupcake I would sink my teeth into.

@Lullabelle I'll dig out the recipe and post it as soon as I find it. Another way would be to maybe "brush" the liquor onto the cup cakes right as they come out of the oven so they can soak it up. A vanilla cupcake would work nice with Grand Marnier as it would bring out the organg-y flavor of it nicely I think. Then maybe top that off with a nice chocolate ganache and some orange zest. Now that would be a cupcake I would sink my teeth into.

:hungry:

Back
Top Bottom