Anything you DON'T eat or cook?

Local time
1:27 PM
For me I haven't eaten pork in over 12 years. It's not necessarily for any religious reasons..just read up on it awhile back and decided to stop. So I now not only don't eat it. I won't cook with any pork by products either. Its just become habit and tel you the truth I don't miss it at all. Plus when I get in the mood to want a pork chop..I make lamb chops...a little more expensive but ALOT more flavor! :)

So is there anything you have cut from your diet?

My husband loves shrimp, crab and lobster. He always wants me to make it for him. However, I just can't. It's not that I don't know how, it's just I can't quite muster the courage to make it for him. I am allergic to crab and so for obvious reasons, I do not prepare crab for him. As for shrimp and lobster, I had a terrible experience making it once. It was awful! I tried to make him a very romantic meal. I had shrimp as the appetizer and lobster as the main course. Neither the shrimp or the lobster turned out, and we were both very sick. The details are graphic, so I will just leave it at that.
Instead, I encourage him to order shrimp and lobster when we go out to dinner because making it myself, it just too difficult for me to stomach.
I cut all seafood out of my diet because of the experience, but my husband still loves it.

My husband loves shrimp, crab and lobster. He always wants me to make it for him. However, I just can't. It's not that I don't know how, it's just I can't quite muster the courage to make it for him. I am allergic to crab and so for obvious reasons, I do not prepare crab for him. As for shrimp and lobster, I had a terrible experience making it once. It was awful! I tried to make him a very romantic meal. I had shrimp as the appetizer and lobster as the main course. Neither the shrimp or the lobster turned out, and we were both very sick. The details are graphic, so I will just leave it at that.
Instead, I encourage him to order shrimp and lobster when we go out to dinner because making it myself, it just too difficult for me to stomach.
I cut all seafood out of my diet because of the experience, but my husband still loves it.

Oh Im with you on the cooking lobster and crab....for a slightly different reason. I hate that you have to throw them in ALIVE lol..I always feel so bad!!! I'm a cancer so my sign is a crab...I have a soft spot for em. lol

warmweatherwoman

I have not eaten a lot of things in the past but have not only started to eat them but also enjoy them. For example, french beans was something I used to hate about 18 years back, but now it figures in one of my favorite veggies. So, I can say that I don't eat camel meat as of now (of course, we don't get that in India :) ) But who knows someday I might just start.

There are a lot of things which I don't cook such as seafood (fish included, with the exception of salmon) or desserts. I don't think either one of those is worth the effort, though I do enjoy both when eating in a restaurant.

I also don't eat pork and not because of religious reasons. I once went to a pig farm as a child and the smell was so bad that I couldn't see myself ever eating an animal rolling around in that stench all day. I also don't like cilantro.

The food I refuse to eat are oysters. The texture of this seafood turns me off. I can't stand them.

Of course, people always want me to go out and eat this stuff. They just assume I must like oysters because they do.

07366ee0-d57c-4b63-8de8-434308f0c750.jpg

I'm pretty good at eating anything. I'm only strict when I'm on a diet (like right now). But there are a few things I definitely don't eat. Those are: liver, peas and raisins. Aside from those I can't think of something I definitely won't eat!

True2Marie...Im am sooo with you on the oyster thing. I can't take that type of texture in my mouth EVER. I don't see how people slurp them down and call them delicious. To each his own I guess :)

SillyLucy...that is one of the main reasons I do not eat it as well. Although I've never visited a pig farm...I have seen one to many documentaries on it. I swear one day I will be a vegan..if I could only give up steak :(

I do not eat or cook any seafood. This is for ethical reasons but I also do not like the taste. I don't cook or eat meat anymore either. However, before I made the transition to vegetarian I refused to eat veal for moral reasons. I tried to eliminate dairy & eggs for a while but found that a little too problematic.

There are many things that I don't. I know that I was a big pain in the behind for my mother. Unfortunately, my brother was worse.

I don't eat oysters, lobsters and craps for moral reasons. These creature are served in their shell and I just can't eat them.

I don't eat cream of wheat because of the name. I don't like mayonnaise because it's oily. I no longer eat eggs because of a tissue culture class I took in graduate school.

Usually I'll cut things out for a long period of time, but eventually go back to them. This happens quite often with seafood. I absolutely hated fish for a period of time. I think it started when I went fishing for the first time. I couldn't handle thinking that I would be eating this things moving around and scaring me as a child. I went quite a few years without it, but not I'm starting to be okay with it again. I just can't eat it if it has bones in it.

Back
Top Bottom