Apericena in Italy

Cthulhu

Local time
2:10 PM
Do you know what apericena is? it's an italian neologism that fuse "aperitivo" (aperitif) and "cena" (dinner), it's sometimes consumed in replacement of both the mels. I organized one recently for my little boy's birthday, I love finger food and little tasting of everything

hope you enjoy my menu :D

little salad of chickpeas, mackerel and rocket, with a feta cube and and a black olive
shrimps in pink sauce on oriental mixed salad

1645088104363.png
1645088891753.png 1645089751414.png

2nd pic:
little chicken meatballs,
crouton with mozzarella and champignon
selection of cheeses and sauces to eat with (miel, pear confiture, pumpkin and ginger, caramelized onions)
dry tomatoes
ciccioli

3rd pic:
little puffpastry roll with mortadella and stracchino
crouton with sausage pesto (oven baked)
on the right tomatoe crouton and chicken liver pate crouton
on the background...some cold cuts, salame and Parma ham (and again ciccioli...)

I'd never heard this word before. It looks great and I love to eat this way. In fact I've in the past done similar (not for a party but just for two) except I didn't know it was called that. I suppose I'd call it a buffet lunch.

I'd never heard this word before. It looks great and I love to eat this way. In fact I've in the past done similar (not for a party but just for two) except I didn't know it was called that. I suppose I'd call it a buffet lunch.
a sort of! I paste you the translation of the formal definition
make this for only two persons...congratulations, a big work for you!

"The apericena is a type of banquet that combines the aperitif format with the dishes of a buffet and which replaces the moment of the actual dinner. The aperitif has begun to become fashionable especially in recent years, often proving to be a balanced and satisfying choice. The typical menu of an aperitif includes snacks, cold and hot single dishes, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and water. The aperitif gives the opportunity to have a real dinner but in a more informal way."

ps. I googled the place where you're from...and it's simply WOW!

Wonderful! The word is new to me as well. However, when I looked at your photos, I realised that we do something very similar in Venezuela. We call them pasapalos - an approximate translation would be "appetizers" or "tasty snacks". They always come accompanied by a bottle or two.:drink::drink:

Wonderful! The word is new to me as well. However, when I looked at your photos, I realised that we do something very similar in Venezuela. We call them pasapalos - an approximate translation would be "appetizers" or "tasty snacks". They always come accompanied by a bottle or two.:drink::drink:
View attachment 81079

View attachment 81080
View attachment 81081
spectacular! please describe your plates!

...it's just 11.00am (here) and I'm already hungry...that's not good!!!

The photos above are:
Sweet chile peppers stuffed with tuna salad
Crepe rolls filled with cheese, baby lettuce and beetroot chutney
Papas a la Huancaina (Peruvian) - cooked potatoes with a spicy cheese sauce and olives

make this for only two persons...congratulations, a big work for you!

Oh not really - just lots of cold hors d'ouevres really. More vegetable based or ready made chacuterie and nothing baked so its easy to prepare! Here is an example made a few years ago at my friend's house:

From top down: asparagus, some kind of Italian ham, watercress and radicchio salad, artichoke hearts, stuffed eggs, smoked salmon, potato salad (with kefir not mayo), avocado salad, tomato salad.

ps. I googled the place where you're from...and it's simply WOW!

I'm extremely puzzled. Not many would call Maidstone wow! As it happens, karadekoolaid is in Maidstone right now visiting relatives and I know he'd agree. However, Kent (the county) as whole is lovely and has much to offer. Its known as 'the garden of England'. There is also lots of beautiful coastline.

I'm extremely puzzled. Not many would call Maidstone wow! As it happens, karadekoolaid is in Maidstone right now visiting relatives and I know he'd agree. However, Kent (the county) as whole is lovely and has much to offer. Its known as 'the garden of England'. There is also lots of beautiful coastline.
google showed me this :happy: maybe a collage of the country

That all looks wonderful!

Here, my generation would just say “appetizers” or “light buffet,” but the generation after me seems to have adopted the term “small bites,” like, “Do you want to meet up later? We could just have small bites and hang out.”

Back
Top Bottom