Apericena in Italy

Ah, the classic Italian "I'm just gonna make a little snack".
Once an english told me something like "italians are incredible: they think always about food and can talk about food also while they're eating" :laugh:
and I can't contradict him!

Once an english told me something like "italians are incredible: they think always about food and can talk about food also while they're eating" :laugh:
and I can't contradict him!
My wife and I aren’t Italian at all, but it’s like that for us. Number one supper conversation: “What are we having for breakfast tomorrow?” :laugh:

Happens all the time in Caracas. If you want to invite some friends round, but don´t want a formal lunch/dinner, then you make pasapalos/apericena/tapas/small bites/amuse bouches.
A few bottles of wine/prosecco - or maybe a decent scotch; five or six pasapalos, fresh bread - problem solved.
One thing that is important, however. NO crisps/chips, doritos, nachos or anything similar. NO ready meals:D:D:D

Happens all the time in Caracas. If you want to invite some friends round, but don´t want a formal lunch/dinner, then you make pasapalos/apericena/tapas/small bites/amuse bouches.
A few bottles of wine/prosecco - or maybe a decent scotch; five or six pasapalos, fresh bread - problem solved.
One thing that is important, however. NO crisps/chips, doritos, nachos or anything similar. NO ready meals:D:D:D
seems that there are many similarities between our two nations, where we're at table!

Venezuela has a huge Italian, Portuguese and Spanish heritage. Many came over just after the 2nd World War.
So I suppose the Mediterranean influences on our cooking are considerable.

Back
Top Bottom