Apple Pie recipe

LuckyGirl08

Veteran
Local time
9:05 AM
I am in need of a great Apple Pie recipe. My brother has been bugging me because he want a homemade apple pie. I keep telling him that I do not know how to make one but he does not stop bugging. Help me please..

The people who host the Feast of Fiction cooking show did an episode on the apple pie from Adventure Time, and only took recipes that people claimed to have come from their grandmothers. I personally prefer green apples for baking (and think that red delicious apples are ironically named because they're the WORST) but you can choose. For the pie crust dough, you can use "3-2-1 dough" which is called so because I think it's the proportions in cups of flour, butter, and water. (Also add a tablespoon or sugar--OR 5 of grated cheese--and a teaspoon of salt.) Maybe double the recipe because this calls for a 9" pie pan!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOVeIip4LLY

Ingredients:
Pie Crust Dough
8-9 medium sized apples
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3 tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp water

Directions

1.) Peel, core, and slice your apples into thin even slices. Place aside.

2.) On medium heat, melt butter in a sauce pan. Stir in flour until dissolved. Add in white sugar, brown sugar, water, and vanilla extract. Stir until dissolved. Add in nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir until dissolved and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce temperature and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.

3.) In a 9" pie pan, place your bottom crust and fill with a third of your apple slices. Dollop in your sauce and coat the bottom layer. Repeat the process for the next two tiers of the pie, spreading the sauce evenly over the top each time.

4.) Set your oven to 350 degrees and bake on the middle rack. This pie should take about an hour to complete, you'll know it's done when you can stick a toothpick and puncture the apples inside easily.

Remove and serve with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or a healthy family of flies.

(That last bit about the flies was like an in-joke reference to the Adventure Time cartoon that inspired this episode.)

I am going to try this. Hopefully my brother likes it and stop bugging me for an apple pie.

Back
Top Bottom