Apple recipes

Ok, first off, this pie isn't the pie I was talking about earlier. I can't find the other recipe, and I thought this was the one, but as I was making it, I realized I'd never made this pie before, even though this is a recipe I've had for decades. Once I cut into it, I'll let you know how it tastes.

I'll get the recipe written up and post a link here in a few minutes.

...and here you go:

Recipe - Sour Cream Apple Pie

Did you taste it yet? How was it? I'm waiting with bated breath over here! LOL

Did you taste it yet? How was it? I'm waiting with bated breath over here! LOL
Oh, sorry. Yes, I did taste it. MrsT loves it, I wasn't impressed.

I'm mad that I, now that I think about it, threw out the recipe for the other pie my mom gave me. I'll call her, but she won't be able to find it - her house is like a completely unorganized library of magazine clippings going back to 1950.

Oh, sorry. Yes, I did taste it. MrsT loves it, I wasn't impressed.

I'm mad that I, now that I think about it, threw out the recipe for the other pie my mom gave me. I'll call her, but she won't be able to find it - her house is like a completely unorganized library of magazine clippings going back to 1950.

I'm sorry you were underwhelmed. What didn't you like about it? What did MrsT like about it?

Don't lose all hope yet. Your mom might be able to find the recipe. Crossing my fingers, toes and eyes that she will! ;-)

I'm sorry you were underwhelmed. What didn't you like about it? What did MrsT like about it?

Don't lose all hope yet. Your mom might be able to find the recipe. Crossing my fingers, toes and eyes that she will! ;-)
I didn't like the texture of the baked sour cream, it's kind of like it's curdled...you know, a bit lumpy.

MrsT liked the fact that it's full of sugar, with sugar and butter on top. :)

I didn't like the texture of the baked sour cream, it's kind of like it's curdled...you know, a bit lumpy.

Oh, I know what what you mean now. There is a very fine line between added flavor and cottage cheese. ;-(

Well, I'm on Team MrsT! Everything is awesome with butter and sugar. ;-)

Funny anecdote. I have a neighbor who LOVES sugar. He puts 1/2 cup of sugar into ONE cup of coffee. No exaggeration. He drinks about three pots of coffee all morning, then a case of soda all afternoon. Then, he wonder why he has to pop Melatonin to get to sleep. This represents him perfectly ---> :hyper:

Funny anecdote. I have a neighbor who LOVES sugar. He puts 1/2 cup of sugar into ONE cup of coffee. No exaggeration. He drinks about three pots of coffee all morning, then a case of soda all afternoon.

:eek: He must be rather overweight...

I reckon apples are better without to much sugar added. They have a natural sweetness and tartness which shouldn't be eclipsed.

:eek: He must be rather overweight...

I reckon apples are better without to much sugar added. They have a natural sweetness and tartness which shouldn't be eclipsed.

I moved here about 2.5 years ago. He's gained at least 75 lbs. since I met him back then. It's kind of bizarre to me because he's already had one heart attack. He doesn't seem to understand that all that caffeine is NOT helping that situation. He won't consider not smoking either. I was sure he would rein things in when one of our morbidly obese neighbors dropped dead at 43 years old. Nope.

Apples are an amazing fruit, aren't they? Love 'em. ;-)

I'm not sure what the sour cream is supposed to add to that recipe. It looks fine without it. Personally, I'd just add a teaspoon of cinnamon and eat it with half a gallon of pouring cream over the top. :hungry:

I'm not sure what the sour cream is supposed to add to that recipe. It looks fine without it. Personally, I'd just add a teaspoon of cinnamon and eat it with half a gallon of pouring cream over the top. :hungry:

Or a big scoop of vanilla ice cream (what we Mercans have with apple pie).

Here is the apple pie dessert at La Hacienda Ranch. Hot apple pie served on a hot cast iron plate with a butter sauce and vanilla ice cream. It is amazing!

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 10.57.24 PM.jpg

CD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom