Aprons: Do You Choose To Use Them?

Sherry

Veteran
Local time
1:42 PM
I don't know why after cooking for so many years without using an apron I would consider using them now; but I am seriously thinking about putting one on my Christmas list of wants this year.
I am really tired of ruining good shirts (Not fancy shirts, mind you. Just shirts that I like.) with splatters of oil, grease or slops of sauce. The sauce slops will most often come out, but the grease is there forever, it seems, once it's made it's mark.
And, like everything else, clothes aren't so cheap these days.
So, do any of you wear aprons? If so, what about sleeves? Could be I'd be better off just to don an old long sleeve shirt of my husband's. Nah. I think I'd rather have an apron of my own. Plus it would be the first thing I've put on my Christmas list of wants this year. Pathetic, I know, but it just seems like I have everything already this year. Maybe by next year some things will have worn out.

I have not worn an apron in years and cannot even remember what it feels like to wear one. I can remember wearing half aprons with plastic backings, but not whole ones. I was thinking of buying one for myself last year and ended up giving it to my niece for Christmas instead. However, they can be very useful and would not only protect your clothes from grease marks, but from getting splashes of water as well when washing up at the kitchen sink. My clothes have sometimes gotten a good wetting from washing up at the kitchen sink, and it is only at those times that I think of how useful an apron would be, but I never get around to buying one.

Back
Top Bottom