Are we selfish?

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
9:29 AM
Do we forget about others? I'm trying to sort out a problem with a good mate who's 40 year old son is bullying him into giving him money. He let him stay with him during covid, he then set about milking him for money. He's a p.o.s who doesn't work. Anyway I don't want to burden you with my problems when there is so much else going on in the world. For anyone out there going through s$it my thoughts are with you. Physically or mentally, we need to be here for you.
I have options to sort my friends son out, hopefully the restraining order may help??

Russ

Btw this p.o.s moved in with his mother 2 years ago, he made her life hell, and only moved out after she agreed to pay him $250 a week. He then moved to Chch and started working on his father. He had a restraining order on him but relented for covid. My friend bought him a car when my friend moved into retirement home. He hasn't worked for 10 years.

Russ

I don't know the equivalent in your country but I would start with a center for domestic violence against seniors (I'm assuming your friend is at least 60-something). They can assign a case worker who will investigate what is happening (ie. financial abuse, emotional exploitation, etc.) and provide advice and possibly assistance in getting a restraining order. However, it will be up to your friend to not give in (which sometimes happens when we let emotions get involved). The police can only do so much if he is not willing to say "no" or follow through on reporting violations and/or pressing charges.

I wish you both the very best.

I don't know the equivalent in your country but I would start with a center for domestic violence against seniors (I'm assuming your friend is at least 60-something). They can assign a case worker who will investigate what is happening (ie. financial abuse, emotional exploitation, etc.) and provide advice and possibly assistance in getting a restraining order. However, it will be up to your friend to not give in (which sometimes happens when we let emotions get involved). The police can only do so much if he is not willing to say "no" or follow through on reporting violations and/or pressing charges.

I wish you both the very best.

He's seen aged concern about him, but is too embarrassed, he's 73 and lock down saw him in a bad place. Thanks.

Russ

He's seen aged concern about him, but is too embarrassed, he's 73 and lock down saw him in a bad place. Thanks.

Russ

Do you know why he's embarrassed? The advocates are trained to deal with these kinds of situations and see it all the time. And, sadly, the people like your friend's son rely on them staying quiet due to embarrassment.

Do you know why he's embarrassed? The advocates are trained to deal with these kinds of situations and see it all the time. And, sadly, the people like your friend's son rely on them staying quiet due to embarrassment.

Yip, his son knows exactly what he's doing. I've left a message for him to ring me. He says he turns his phone off so his son can't ring him.

Russ

Yip, his son knows exactly what he's doing. I've left a message for him to ring me. He says he turns his phone off so his son can't ring him.

Russ

Those are the worst kind of predators. Does he know how to text? Can you walk him through how to block his son's number(s)?

Did you say "Are we shellfish?"

That's a heck of an entry in this month's challenge.

rascal, How is your friend doing?

A lot better thanks, he's seeing aged concern, he wa advised to tell his son they need some space. He can't see him for a while. He was here the other day, he's feeling so much better. He's seeing his doc to check his meds. He left the other day with a few frozen meals I kept for him.

Russ

A lot better thanks, he's seeing aged concern, he wa advised to tell his son they need some space. He can't see him for a while. He was here the other day, he's feeling so much better. He's seeing his doc to check his meds. He left the other day with a few frozen meals I kept for him.

Russ

Thanks for the update. I hope he appreciates what a good friend you are. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom