Are you a Bowl Freak?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
8:03 PM
How many sets of bowls do you have?

I got at least a dozen of them. At one time, I was buying at least two sets of bowls a month! it was getting way out of hand!! When I was in the stores looking for something else, if I saw a set of bowls on sale or online, I was buying them up.

If all of this might sound like I was addicted to buying bowls, it probably was. I admit that I'm a bowl freak. I think that I got more bowls than I know what to do with, and these also include stand mixer bowls as well. But I'm over all that madness now, because I haven't bought any bowls in a while now since buying my Rachael Ray cereal / soup bowls in orange! :)

what type of bowl?

We have a 27cm, 2* 21cm and 11cm glass mixing bowls, then for eating out of 5 soup bowl (broken one), 4 breakfast bowls (broken 2) & 2 pasta bowls (only ever had 2). That is it unless you want to include the steel mixing bowl on the kenwood chef!

I am a lover of bowls. I have bowls of all kinds. I too tend to get the urge to buy new bowls when I go shopping and happen to come across them. Bowls can come in very handy when you are cooking a meal. Each bowl can be used for a different ingredient which you need to use for cooking your meal. Bowls are good for storing food in the refrigerator also. The bowls I like best for this purpose are those with covers. I also have a bowl for discarding left-over food. I have two enamel bowls which have been around for so long, they now have small holes in the bottom of them and nothing liquid can be put into them, otherwise it will quickly leak out. So, there are plastic bowls of all sizes, soup bowls, cereal bowls, small enamel bowls, and a large enamel bowl which is used for mixing batter for baking. The only kind of bowl missing from my collection would be a glass bowl.

I'm not a lover of bowls. I just have two sets. I have a stainless set given to me by my mother. I hardly ever use this set. I have a glass set that I purchased. I am a big lover of jars!

I have two thick glass bowls of different size and shape which I use every day. I use them for mixing ingredients and for serving food. I would only buy sets of bowls if I was cooking for a family or for dinner guests.

I am obsessed with bowls, but not so much the mixing or the large serving kind...I am obsessed with bowls that you could use for people to eat out of (so smaller ones). For some reason I think everything tastes better all mixed up and in a bowl--with a few exceptions--I don't force this on guests but if they want a bowl I am more than happy to provide them with one and I like when it looks cute. I keep these bowls mismatched because I like that style and probably have close to 25 or so of them.

Oops, forgot!

Earlier this spring, I bought a plastic covered bowl set that is in a pretty Orange color on the outside, with white inside!! Orange is my favorite color!! Hah!! :)

Back
Top Bottom