Are You a Complicated Cook or Easy Going?

Are You a Complicated Cook or Easy Going

• Total voters
I as a complicated cook by the time I was in college pursuing a careen is tourism and hospitality, where restaurant management was an inspiring subject to try complex international recipes and serve them much the style gourmet chefs do.

However now that those years have gone, I have turned an easy going cook, and rarely I'm into hard-to-cook/bake recipes. The easier and simpler, the better.

Oh MyDigitalpoint that sounds like a wonderful career field. I am sure you enjoyed cooking many exotic dishes. I agree with your now philosophy that easier and simpler is better!

Definitely easy going. I enjoy cooking but I don't want to spend a long time preparing a meal. This is mainly due to cooking only for myself so I find it downright stupid to spend hours in the kitchen preparing a meal that I'll eat in 15 minutes.

I often make up my own recipes which don't require many ingredients. They are cheap and fast to make, I enjoy making them and the outcome is more than good enough for me.

I think that inexpensive meals is a must these days. I cannot afford too many exotic ingredients. If you had more people to cook for how far would you go?

The thing I like most about Spanish food is that in most cases, there are just a few quality ingredients, so all the flavours come through. That makes for quicker cooking and a very enjoyable eating experience. I'm definitely a simple girl - at least where cooking is concerned, anyway!

Oh Sandra I do so enjoy those wonderful Spanish flavors. Makes my mouth water to think about them!

I could go both ways, but overall I like keeping things simple. My problem is that I never have a lot of time for cooking meals so out of habit I look for easy recipes with few ingredients or methods.

I don't have much time either. I don't think I would get too complicated with my meals even if I did have more time. Perhaps in the future but for now I must keep it simple as well.

Oh my gosh, I really try to cook as simple as possible, I do like to try to cook something that is more fancy but for some reason it just never works out to me. I think I panic too much and over think thing over, so it never works out.

I think that it is so easy to get carried away in the kitchen at times. I get confused if I am trying to get into a recipe that calls for too many things that need to happen too. I am somewhat disorganized that way.

Cooking is supposed to be fun. So, I do my best to keep recipes simple. This way, I don't get too frustrated with the process. Also, because I am crunched for time, i don't have the hours to do something too complicated in regards to food.

Yes that sounds like me too. Not enough time and I certainly don't need any added frustration to my days.

I am far, far from complicated. Which is funny because I"m a foodie. I like trying new foods, especially food from different cultures; but you won't find me cooking any of it. I cook good food, but nothing complicated or confusing that requires a large part of my time.

I completely understand and can agree with what you are saying. I love good food but I don't go for the complicated cooking techniques.

Shellyann36

Do we have option 3? :) It is quite difficult to answer your question since I am a combination of both. I am a Easy going cook, who does not care much for the presentation of the food, whereas a pro when it comes to get the taste right.

So, like I said I am combination of both. :)

I should have added the 3rd option. LOL I think we all want it to taste right. I can never get my food to look as wonderful as the recipe card photo might look. Alas, it is a lost art form for me.

I'm an easy going cook. I used to try more exotic recipes, but I started to realize I was spending way too much money each month on specialty ingredients that I would never use in time, or never use again at all. In addition, I was buying too many specialty kitchen gadgets that were taking up too much space in my kitchen. I scaled things down a lot the last time I moved, and became more interested in minimal recipes - focusing more on cooking techniques instead. I'm more interested in learning how to make basic, fundamental things completely from scratch, with as few ingredients as possible.

I have found myself with expensive ingredients that I use once and never look at again. I gave up on the specialty gadgets long ago too. I like that you enjoy cooking from scratch!

I am a complicated cook! I always have 50 pots and pans to wash after I am done and spend hours in the kitchen. I will spend so much time one one meal, but I think it's worth it.

Oh gosh sillylucy. I hand it to you that you have the patience and the skill to pull that off! Kudos to you. One of these days you will have to share a few of your favorite recipes with us.

Easy going. :) I'd rather try out simple recipes, which I can easily master before experimenting by altering the recipe and adding different ingredients and spices. :cool:

Very good way to look at it Fiorabelle!

Easy going, definitely.... I just throw whatever's available into the wok lol

Makes life much simplier that way!

I am both a complicated and an easy cook depending on the situation and what kind of foods should be serve for a certain day and time. If for everyday meals I am an easy cook preparing simple meals but during special occasions at home during birthday, anniversary, thanksgiving, valentine, christmas and new year I am very meticulous and innovative in my cooking because I want to serve special and delicious foods that my family will really appreciate while they are eating.

The holiday and special event cooking is easy to understand about being complicated. I do try to make things special during those times as well but for every day cooking I go with simple.

Back
Top Bottom