Are you an artist? Or are you a scientist?

The Late Night Gourmet
Thanks for reviving this thread. I have not read through my previous post, forgive me if I repeat myself. I consider baking more of a science than an art unless you express yourself in amazing decorations. I bake a little, simple things like brownies, cookies and for special occasions an everything lemon, lemon cake. I much prefer savory cooking. I research recipes, combine and delete ingredients to suit my taste. I love creating my own recipes. G hunts and fishes so I have access to venison, wild hog, squirrel, ducks and both fresh and salt water fish. I really enjoy finding or inventing new and original ways to prepare natures gifts. I garden on a small scale and love having fresh veggies and herbs to eat and cook with.
In life I consider myself a critical thinker. There was a time when reporters did just that - they reported the news without injecting their opinions. Today "journalist" or "news media" are nothing but a bunch of talking heads giving their opinions instead of reporting. Social media and e-mail, text messaging are other venues of miss-information. I do not take anything I hear at face value. I research everything. I research numerous sources. Yes - on line but numerous sites.
I consider myself analytical, not scientific. I am definitely artistic. I cook, sew, garden, do crafts and even paint a little. I worked as a custom kitchen designer for Lowe's - 7 years. I was very good at my job. My store was a small, rural store. I was always one of the top three designers in the district every quarter and frequently #1 quarterly and annually.
My painting is abstract - either finger painting or acrylic pour. I do have an eye for color, shape and form. I used to journal and write stories about my family and experiences. I need to get back to writing about my family and life. I am also an avid reader.
I look back at what I have I just written and realize that I am so eclectic that I would drive most people crazy. I am very grateful that G puts up with me. BTW - I am also lazy and hate housework. :hyper:

I look back at what I have I just written and realize that I am so eclectic that I would drive most people crazy. I am very grateful that G puts up with me. BTW - I am also lazy and hate housework. :hyper:
We watch Grace (Jane Fonda) & Frankie (Lily Tomlin) on Netflix - you describe yourself as a total Frankie! :)

Back
Top Bottom