Are you substituting out white potatoes for sweet potatoes?

True2marie

Veteran
Local time
4:11 PM
I grew up eating both white potatoes and sweet potatoes.

However, after hearing all of the health benefits associated with sweet potatoes, I am trying to use them more often in my recipes versus white potatoes. The transition isn't always easy since I still enjoy traditional fries.

What about you?

See: Sweet Potatoes - The World's Healthiest Food

Yes it is true that sweet potatoes had many health benefits for our body that is why we always include that in our diet. Sometimes in the morning it is our breakfast boiled sweet potatoes and it is already a complete meal for a breakfast which will give us the nutrients we need. Sometimes when we are cooking our beef soup instead of using potatoes we use sweet potatoes and it had a more flavorful taste and its delicious! We also substitute for potato fries sweet potato fires and it had a good taste and it had been also part of our regular snack the healthy way.

Nah, always used regular potatoes and always will. I prefer their taste so I'm never going to change.

I grew up eating both white potatoes and sweet potatoes.

However, after hearing all of the health benefits associated with sweet potatoes, I am trying to use them more often in my recipes versus white potatoes. The transition isn't always easy since I still enjoy traditional fries.

What about you?

See: Sweet Potatoes - The World's Healthiest Food

Yes! I too have been swapping my potatoes from white (baked, mashed) to sweet (baked, mashed, chips) surely for the health benefits. I'm a fitness junkie and did not realize how healthy and beneficial sweet potatoes were until I started fitness training a couple months back. I like traditional fries also, but I think my taste buds enjoy sweet potato fries even better. If you ever visit or live in the Washington, DC area, please visit Busboys & Poets as they have the best sweet potato fries I've ever tried before. Happy eating! xoxo

Best wishes,

Charli D. Holbrook, MFA
www.pslovecharli.com
Twitter | @PSLoveCharli
Instagram | @PSLoveCharli

I'm not planning on swapping out white potato for sweet potato but I'm trying to cook a mix of both. E.g One week I'll serve regular potatoes and then the next I'll experiment with sweet potatoes. I have to say though, I actually prefer the taste of home made sweet potato chips, than regular potato chips which I normally find a little bland and have to drown in condiments ha ha.

I now use sweet potatoes more than white potatoes. If you are making fries with them, however, I don't think it really much matters if you prefer the white ones. The bad from frying probably out does the good from switching to sweet potatoes. I am not saying don't make fries, just don't make them a lot and use the potatoes you prefer.

I don't swap them out for regular potatoes in recipes, I just find more ways to eat sweet potatoes. This morning my husband made a breakfast hash with turkey sausage, eggs, and leftover sweet potato fries. I love sweet potato fries. Roasted and grilled sweet potatoes are amazing too.

Back
Top Bottom