Aubergine (Eggplant) Dip- Help!

lizzief79

Veteran
Local time
1:38 AM
I saw an amazing aubergine dip on the television last week, but can't remember for the life of me what it was called to do a Google search for the recipe. I seem to remember that the aubergine was cooked whole in the oven and then the softened insides being scooped out before being mixed with various spices. I think it was either Greek or Middle Eastern dish, but I genuinely cannot remember. If anyone knows what this is, can you post a reply on here, please? Better still, if you have a simple recipe for an aubergine dip, I would love to read it!

We use to make a aubergine dip. Take a Aubergine, cut in half, after make small cuts in to the flesh part about a few millimetres in one direction and then a few cuts in to the other direction. Sprinkle the cut side with a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and put them in the oven until they are soft. In the meantime fine dice an onion and a touch of garlic and fry off with olive oil until the onions have a glassy look. Once the aubergine are cooked, remove from oven, let cool a little bit and then scoop the flesh in to a bowl. Add the glassed of onions and garlic to it, a touch of lemon juice and some extra seasoning and a touch of extra olive oil if needed. Mix well until you get a silky texture. Now you have a tasty Mediterranean Aubergine dip. Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom