Aubergines fried?

chocomore

Veteran
Local time
10:46 PM
I tried to fry aubergines with salt and pepper but I was not impressed and the taste was non exsistence does anyone have some tasty recipes for these funny vegetables.

Roast them ,cut in half score with a knife season with garlic, salt ,cumin and onions,roast till soft and coloured,scoop the flesh out and chop with a knife to a
Loose purée you can add other flavours such as tahini paste,and then call it babagonag

Some people suggest to slice and salt them first, then let them rest for a while (perhaps slightly weighted down with some paper towel wrapped around them) to give off some of their excess moisture.

Did you fry them in just salt and pepper? Or did you bread them before frying? Personally, I like just dredge them in flour, egg, then a store bought pre-seasoned panko breading mix (it has garlic, herbs, spices, and romano cheese in it, as well as salt and pepper of course). Then do a shallow fry on them and let them rest on some paper towels to dry up the excess grease. I often smother mine in sauce and mozarella though then put them under the broiler.

I love aubergines/eggplants fried! Even better? Pass them on eggs and then bread flower and put them under the oil. Not that healthy, but guaranteed to be delicious!! I also love them stuffed with ground meat and cheese. It's so so good!!

I love eggplant, all the kinds of it. I fix it many ways. The last I roasted whole, and then ate skin and all. They were the ones I had grown, but I have also had them from the farmer's market that way. I do rinse them off after cutting open, and that does seem to help make them not bitter.

One of my favorite ways is to stir fry them with artichokes, onion, mushroom and capers if I have them, and it makes a delicious spaghetti topping.

Back
Top Bottom