Recipe Avocado Salad Dressing

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
9:12 AM
Avocado Salad Dressing:

NOTE: This recipe uses Turmeric and Black Mustard Seed.

Ingredients:

1) Avocado - 1
2) Garlic - 1/4 Cup
3) Olive Oil - 1/2 Cup
4) Lemon Juice - 1/4 Cup
5) Water - 1/2 to 3/4 Cup
6) Turmeric - 1 to 1-1/2 Tspn
7) Black Mustard Seed - 5 Tspns

NOTE: These ingredients, as measured, will produce approximately 12 Oz. of Salad Dressing.

AvocadoSaladDressing.jpg

Procedure:

1) Puree Avocado, Garlic, Olive Oil and Lemon Juice in a blender.
2) Mix in Spices and Water.
3) Bottle and set aside.
4) Refrigerate for at least 1 day.

Of course, I have now used this Avocado Salad Dressing on a Salad. But I was still hungry today and for dinner, I had this crazy idea to use it as a sandwich condiment.

So for dinner I had Breaded Chicken Sandwiches with melted Cheese, using the Avocado Salad Dressing as a condiment. It turned out to be not so crazy an idea, but a wonderful discovery. It was in short, good.

Very good - I was half expecting to see mayonnaise on the list of ingredients (it so often seems to be with dressings like this!). I was very pleased to see it wasn't. I make something a but similar with kefir (or plain thick yoghurt) in place of olive oil. Avocados are high fat anyway so there is no necessity to add oil to form an emulsion. Not a criticism - a good olive oil will add taste of course.

Very good - I was half expecting to see mayonnaise on the list of ingredients (it so often seems to be with dressings like this!). I was very pleased to see it wasn't. I make something a but similar with kefir (or plain thick yoghurt) in place of olive oil. Avocados are high fat anyway so there is no necessity to add oil to form an emulsion. Not a criticism - a good olive oil will add taste of course.

Avacado does make this dressing thick and heavy, unless it is thinned with water, not going overboard with Lemon Juice. Olive Oil helps thin it too.l

Back
Top Bottom