Recipe Aztec Black Beans

Pat

Veteran
Local time
11:58 AM
I was given a book of crock pot recipes saw this one and gave it a try.

The recipe called for Black Beans, I had and used small white beans.

Soak a bag of black beans over night, drain them.

Place the black beans in a crock pot covered with water and a jar of salsa, cook low until the beans are done.

That sounds good. I am making black bean burgers today. This is a first for me. I have had Bocca;s version of spicy black bean burger though that is pretty good. I am making traditional hamburgers as well. The bean burgers are just kind of an experiment to see whether we like them, and black beans are healthy.

Black beans are a lovely thing. They are great in Chilli. I've also made bean burgers: Mix the cooked beans with chopped coriander (cilantro), cumin, garlic and cooked sweet potato or butternut squash. Sometimes I add chilli to the burgers.

Black beans are a lovely thing. They are great in Chilli. I've also made bean burgers: Mix the cooked beans with chopped coriander (cilantro), cumin, garlic and cooked sweet potato or butternut squash. Sometimes I add chilli to the burgers.

Those burgers sound so good. Honestly any recipe that lists off coriander and cumin, garlic and sweet potato in it is a definite yes from me!

Back
Top Bottom