Recipe Baked chickato

Corzhens

Veteran
Local time
7:05 AM
Pardon the name but it's actually chicken and tomato.

Ingredients: 1 whole chicken, 5 red tomatoes, 1 stick of lemon grass, 2 tablespoon of salt, some potatoes for side dish

Procedure: Baste the entire chicken with 2 red tomatoes - crush the tomato one by one with your hand and slowly wipe it on the chicken. Put the remaining 3 tomatoes inside the chicken together with the lemon grass as the fillings. Add 1 tablespoon of salt to the fillings and apply the remaining salt on the exterior of the chicken.

Bake the chicken in 350 C for 15 minutes and then 400 C for 30 minutes and then back to 350 C for 15 minutes. Add the sliced potatoes and bake until the chicken is cooked brown.

Note: This is one of our original home recipes.

I am in love with the name chickato to be honest and as long as there is chicken involved I am willing to try most recipes. This one seems interesting enough.

This looks good. Strange enough, I did a relative dish to this, this morning. I did a Shakshouka (sp?) Its pretty much eggs poached in tomatoes with added herbs and seasonings. Only thing is I did mine in a skillet on the stove top rather than bake it. Although I'm sure you could do these in individual ramekins for single portions as well with some cheese if you wish. Lovely dish! I shall try this one next! I have an excess of fresh tomatoes and I'm canning and using up as much as I can.

Oh gosh! I'd forgotten all about Shakshouka. A wonderful thing! I cooked it many moons ago, when in Cairo. I will have to do it again and post a picture.

Back
Top Bottom