Recipe Baked Potato Soup With Bacon, Green Onion & Cheddar !!

Danyel72

Veteran
Local time
2:44 PM
With the fall season underway, one of the things I have been most excited for is soup. Warm, hearty, inexpensive, and comforting. Soup is perfect for the autumn season! Here is a recipe I made last night... sooo yummy!!!

Baked Potato Soup With Bacon, Green Onion & Cheddar
Makes 10-12 servings (depending on how hungry you are!)
If you don't have them already prepared, bake the potatoes and fry the bacon before starting this recipe.

2 sticks (1 cup/16 tablespoons) unsalted butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
8 cups whole milk
5 large potatoes, baked and cubed (peeled, if desired)
2 pounds bacon, cooked and crumbled (about 2 cups)
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups sour cream
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)

Melt the butter in the bottom of a large pot over medium-high heat. Add flour and whisk to combine until thickened. Whisking continuously, slowly pour in the milk and whisk until mixture is smooth. Be sure to get the corners of the pan.

Add all of the remaining ingredients and lower the heat to medium. Stir occasionally until the cheese is melted and the soup is warmed through. Be sure to scrape bottom of the pot as you stir so the soup doesn't burn.

Serve when warm and enjoy!

Oh this sounds good. I was just thinking about making some potato soup. On cold days there is nothing more warm and comforting then a large hot bowl of soup.

I just made a version of baked potato soup last night for Sunday dinner. The recipe was a little different from what you have posted but this soup ended up being to die for. Everyone enjoyed it and went back for seconds. I doubled the recipe and was surprised because the recipe called for 7 cups of milk so of course doubling it called for 14 cups of milk, almost a whole gallon. This is probably not the best recipe for me, especially being I am lactose intolerant, but my goodness, it was delicious. Your recipe calls for 8 cups of milk so to double yours it would be a whole gallon of milk. Next time I make it I may just try your recipe. :)

I just made a version of baked potato soup last night for Sunday dinner. The recipe was a little different from what you have posted but this soup ended up being to die for. Everyone enjoyed it and went back for seconds. I doubled the recipe and was surprised because the recipe called for 7 cups of milk so of course doubling it called for 14 cups of milk, almost a whole gallon. This is probably not the best recipe for me, especially being I am lactose intolerant, but my goodness, it was delicious. Your recipe calls for 8 cups of milk so to double yours it would be a whole gallon of milk. Next time I make it I may just try your recipe. :)
I think there are alternatives to regular milk that you could use. I know a great many people don't enjoy it, but there is of course the soy milk option. Failing the soy milk option, you could probably use Almond milk. I'm unaware if that's completely true, I just know it's made from Almonds. Either way, I think both should fit in well with this baked potato recipe since both can be used just like normal milk.

Back
Top Bottom