Recipe Baked Zucchini With Mozzarella

Local time
2:49 PM
Here goes my first recipe for the new challenge ingredient. Seems like a pretty easy and straightforward recipe.

Source: http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/baked-zucchini-with-mozarella/

Ingredients:

• 2 medium sized (or about 5 small) zucchini
  • Johnny’s Garlic Spread & Seasoning
  • Salt
  • 2 C shredded mozzarella cheese (if you don’t have mozzarella use any favorite cheese blend. The pizza blend or Mexican blend works well too) Don’t worry about exact proportions. Just sprinkle the cheese on to the thickness you like.

Instructions:

1. Slice zucchini into ½ inch rings.
  2. Place flat onto a large cookie sheet.
  3. Sprinkle with Johnny’s Garlic Seasoning and a bit of salt.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes or until crisp tender.
  5. Remove from oven and sprinkle the zucchini with cheese.
  6. Turn the oven to broil,.
  7. Place the cookie sheet back into the oven and let the cheese get all bubbly and a bit browned. This should only take about 3-5 minutes. Watch carefully.
  8. Do not get distracted and forget about what is in your oven.

zucchini1-400x265.jpg

Looks like tasty bites! I looked up the Johnny seasoning as it wouldn't be available here in the UK. Here is what is involved: Garlic (dehydrated), parmesan cheese (part skim milk, salt, cheese culture, enzymes, micro crystalline cellulose used for anti-caking), salt, l-glutamic acid, spices, parsley silicon dioxide(anti-caking agent).

I reckon that this could be substituted with powdered garlic (or fresh minced garlic) and grated parmesan and dried mixed herbs (I'm sure I don't need anti-caking agent). Easy! Will try this recipe shortly and report back.

Simple is my second name so I relate to this. I'd use the garlic spread I always have on hand. Improvising is somewhere on my birth certificate as well. I do that very well.

Back
Top Bottom