Baking Disasters

IMG_5800.JPG

IMG_5801.JPG

My Mother had just started on Face Book and saw this recipe that she wanted me to make for her ... I can't even remember what it was, but it was 💩
AND I couldn't get the dang 💩 out of the pan to clean it ... I chucked the whole pan!
Didn't like that one anyways, DH bought me a new one, much nicer 9X13" pan :giggle:

View attachment 108171

Was TRYING to make a fresh Apple Galette - FAIL!
I didn't turn the edge of the crust up high enough and all of the fluffier-nutter spilled out while baking - not a pleasant smell :wave:

You need to leave about a 1-1/2 to 2 inch border around. Don't know what recipe you used, but the one I use is

Recipe - Tomato, basil, mozzarella galette

I always cook the apples a bit in the sugar, butter, cinnamon mixture, then cool. I also sprinkle a little sugar on the dough before I add the filling, and then a little more after I egg wash.

Don't know if you saw, but I made 2 of the moz, basil, tomato ones, plus an apple recently. There are NEVER any leftovers. What I don't eat of mine, Craig is happy to finish.

Was it not done in the middle? You can wet dish towels, lightly wring out, and wrap around the edge of your cake pan to help with slowing down cooking of the outer area. There are actually strips that do the same thing. I have some somewhere, got them when I was doing a lot of cakes. They help with doming too. I'd also check your oven temperature, and check to make sure you don't overfill pan(s).

What recipe did you use? I have a recipe posted on here that I make now and again. Both Craig and I love this cake but it is so much work to make and makes so much, triple layer.

Recipe - Italian wedding cake

TastyReuben during SIL, I baked ALOT!
I tried recipe that I had wanted to make for a long time ... back then I had FOUR Neighborhood Gal Pals and I shared with them ... they hated me :laugh: I baked a sorts of goodies, took one bite, gave a little bit to DH and then the rest WAS OUTTA HERE!!! :happy: Well, most of it :angelic:

medtran49 I tried to find the recipe that I used for that disaster, but I must have deleted it.
I think I was trying to replicate a cake that is very popular here, limoncello cream cake I want to say ... it's been a while since we've ordered it, but I think that's what I was doing 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom