Recipe Banana Pistachio Pancakes

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
11:01 AM
Banana Pistachio Pancakes:

NOTE: Pancakes are the common name for what might also be known as Griddle Cakes or Flap Jacks.

BananaPistachioPancakes1.png

Ingredients:

1) Unbleached Flour - 3/4 Cup
2) Pistachios (Shells Off) - 1/4 to 1/2 Cup
3) Banana - 1
4) Dried Banana Chips - 1/4 to 1/2 Cup
5) Baking Powder - 2 Tspns.
6) Kahlua - 1/4 Cup
7) Half N Half (or Milk) - 3/4 Cup
8) Heavy Whipping Cream - 1/2 Cup
9) Butter - as required
10) Egg - 1
11) Honey - as required

Procedure:
1) Pulverize 1/4 Cup Pistachios to a fine Flour
2) Fragment 1/4 Cup Pistachios and keep separate from Pistachio Flour
3) Fragment Banana Chips and add to fragmented Pistachios
4) Mix Unbleached Flour, Pistachio Flour and Baking Soda
5) Blend 1/2 Banana and Half N Half (or Milk) to consistency
6) Mix Banana Milk with Flours
7) Add 1 Egg and 1/8 Cup Kahlua, then Mix to consistency
8) Set aside
9) Add Heavy Whipping Cream, 1/2 Banana and 1/8 Cup Kahlua to blender.
10) Whip
11) Set Aside
12) In a frying pan, melt Butter and slick the pan.
13) Ladle out about 1/4 Cup Pancake Mix into frying pan on medium heat

NOTE: When the top side begins to bubble, flip the Pancake over. Then finish browning the other side.

NOTE: It is recommended to use a measuring cup to ensure that every Pancake is about the same size in diameter.

14) Remove and stack each Pancake
15) Repeat Steps 13 and 14 for each Pancake
16) Stack two to three Pancakes on a serving plate.
17) Top with Honey and then spoon out Banana Cream on top
18) Dust with fragmented Pistachio and Banana Chips
19) Serve

BananaPistachioPancakes2.png

I've had homemade Pancakes and restaurant Pancakes, but these surprised me as the best I've ever had.

Both the Batter and the Cream Topping are 'Momma, can I lick the spoon?' stuff.

Ah.
That was my next idea.

I knew that would happen. That's why I didn't want to post until after the challenge was over. No more posts from me until then. Sorry. I won't get talked into it again.

Go ahead and do your version. You probably wouldn't do it the same way I did.

IMHO: Let's say this, that this sets a precedent that challenge judges should not post recipes for a challenge, at least until after the challenge is over. Morning Glory can help to put this into effect. It was my intention not to post during the challenge and I was unfortunately coaxed by the statement that other judges in the past have posted during a challenge. In fact, I think that when I first won the challenge, I posted recipes while I was a judge then.

If we have a clear statement to the effect, other judges in the future will adhere to a policy of not posting recipes during the challenge they are judging. This I think would be good, even though it is always possible that competing members may post similar recipes during a challenge. I won the Turmeric challenge with a Chicken Soup recipe, but it was not the only Chicken Soup recipe in the Turmeric challenge. So it's not that a judge can or cannot post a recipe, the fact is that a judge is a non-competitor while being the judge, so their recipe doesn't count, except perhaps to either influence or block some other member's intentions.

I would prefer to stay out while being the judge, whether or not it may be perceived that posting a recipe might inspire or not.

The judge can save up their intended recipes and post them after the challenge is over.

If we have a clear statement to the effect, other judges in the future will adhere to a policy of not posting recipes during the challenge they are judging. This I think would be good, even though it is always possible that competing members may post similar recipes during a challenge.

Ultimately, its not up to me as I'm not in charge here. But I really don't think its at all necessary to be so didactic. As I've said before, its a fun challenge and not to be taken too seriously. The last thing we want is to stop members (whether or not they are judge) to stop posting recipes for whatever reason. Recipes and new threads are the lifeblood of the forum!

As any good cook knows there is no such thing as 'its been done before'. As MypinchofItaly says above - she had a similar idea and she will make her own version. So did I as it happens but it won't be be same. Its all good!

Ultimately, its not up to me as I'm not in charge here. But I really don't think its at all necessary to be so didactic. As I've said before, its a fun challenge and not to be taken too seriously. The last thing we want is to stop members (whether or not they are judge) to stop posting recipes for whatever reason. Recipes and new threads are the lifeblood of the forum!

As any good cook knows there is no such thing as 'its been done before'. As MypinchofItaly says above - she had a similar idea and she will make her own version. So did I as it happens but it won't be be same. Its all good!

I see the point. Given that much then, I will have at it and post my next Pistachio recipe tomorrow, which will be a variant of Scalloped Potatoes.

Back
Top Bottom